Search for content in message boards

Help Please... Blaschke in Wien - St.Josef zu Margareten...

Help Please... Blaschke in Wien - St.Josef zu Margareten...

Posted: 16 Apr 2011 10:13PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 16 Apr 2011 10:13PM GMT
Surnames: Blaschke
I am trying to trace my great grandfather, Franz Blaschke, who was born in Vienna in 1879. He moved, prior to 1901, to the UK where he remained for the rest of his life. We don't know anything about his parents. We know he had a brother, Carl/Karl, and some sisters, possibly Leopoldi(Polodi) and Vicktoria. We also believe that he may have returned to Vienna to marry his British wife as there is no trace of a marriage certificate in the UK.
I have contacted the Wien Magistrats who have confirmed there are records for a Franz Blaschke, born 1879, held at the church St.Josef zu Margareten but they couldnt help with siblings without birth years which we don't know. I contacted the church directly however I received a very short/rude reply telling me I would need to pay them money and to also improve my German if I wanted to find anything. I am really stuck as to how to move forward with this as I was hoping there might be baptism records for Franz siblings at the church or at least some mention of his parents names.
If anyone has any advice on the best way forward or has had experience of a similar situation I would love to hear from you.
Thanks, David

Re: Help Please... Blaschke in Wien - St.Josef zu Margareten...

Posted: 3 May 2011 12:37PM GMT
David,

I could try and go there and check the churchbooks, if it's possible at all (it's not too far from where I live).

Is what you have told us here all you have on this family and all that could help identify members of the family (like other given names)?

If you have more, please email me: arbit /at\ gmx dot at

As to the unsatisfying answer you got: I have experienced this myself a few times. And - while actually most Austrians had english lessons at school, they often don't really have enough practice or knowledge in order to understand your queries. That may be the reason for what you heard back.

Regards
Tilman

Re: Help Please... Blaschke in Wien - St.Josef zu Margareten...

Posted: 30 Nov 2012 10:37PM GMT
per page

Find a board about a specific topic