Search for content in message boards

Looking for information about Sparrel Perdue

Looking for information about Sparrel Perdue

Posted: 23 Apr 2013 12:45AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Perdue, Robertson
Hi there,
I've tried high and low to find more information about my great grandfather and who his parents were. His name was Sparrel Perdue. In some listings it lists him as J. Sparrel Perdue. He was born Dec 10 1869 in Virginia, and died April 13 1940. He is buried in Burnt chimney Franklin county Virgina. I'm assuming he might be born in Franklin county since he died there. He married Lula Bell Robertson and she was born Oct 18 1885 and died April 19 1957. They had several children though I don't know of them all. Here are the ones I know of. Charles Thomas my grandfather, and his siblings.. John Jacob, Roy Calvin, Oakey Giles, and Goldie. If anybody has any information about Sparrel and his parents I would gladly appreciate it! Thanks!

Re: Looking for information about Sparrel Perdue

Posted: 24 Apr 2013 3:31AM GMT
What city and county did he die in? Do you know? That will aid greatly in finding info on him.

Posted: 24 Apr 2013 5:19AM GMT
Surnames: Perdue, Robertson
He's buried in Burnt chimney Franklin County Virginia . I'm assuming that Franklin county is where he died since he's buried there. Not sure of the city that he lived in right before he died.

Posted: 24 Apr 2013 5:24AM GMT
On the census records it looks like he lived with his mother and grandmother with a father no where to be found. I think his mothers name was Emily Jane and his grandmothers name was Elizabeth (Bowsman) Perdue.

Posted: 24 Apr 2013 5:54AM GMT
If you think he died anywhere near Roanoke, why don't you contact the Roanoke Library and see if they can find his obit since you seem to have an exact date.Under subject, put Obit look up ,please and give them the info and it may take a couple weeks as they get busy with so many requests,but the service is free and they send it by email to you.
Here is their email address:

virginiaroom@gmail.com

Good luck!
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions