Search for content in message boards

Baldus, Frensch and Schlattert

Baldus, Frensch and Schlattert

Darlene Hueser (View posts)
Posted: 29 Jan 2000 1:07PM GMT
Looking for information on the families of Baldus, Frensch and Schlattert. They were farmers and lived in Todenberg and Stockum, Germany. My earliest record is for 1801. Where are these towns? What would be the nearest large city?

Thanks
Darlene

Your message

Posted: 23 May 2001 4:00AM GMT
Edited: 6 May 2002 10:49AM GMT
Dear Darlene,

I am searching the web from time to time to find some more information about my family.
Actually, I started doing that last year. That's why my family tree isn't that big.

Anyway, I found by chance your message in this forum and to be honest, I am pretty excited you mentioned the names Baldus and Frensch in the area around Todtenberg and Stockum.

Well, to be honest, I am living in the little village Stockum, today called Stockum-Pueschen.

My mothers ancestors are Baldus and Frensch and are from Stockum.

The village Todtenberg is just one mile away from Stockum.

Maybe you can help me to find some more information. Be sure, I would appreciate to help you to find something you are looking for.

Well, the first question about the villages:
Some towns around Stockum are Koblenz (approx. 30 miles), Limburg (approx. 18 miles)and Siegen (approx. 25 miles). Larger cities are Cologne (approx. 60 miles) and Frankfurt (approx. 60 miles).

Please don't hesitate to ask for more information. It would be a great pleasure for me to try to find some more you are looking for.

Unfortunately, I didn't find your email adress. So I hope you are going to read my message pretty soon.

If I found your email adress, I hope you don't mind I contacted you.

Hope to hearing from you soon.

Sincerely yours,
Michael Kloft

Frensch

Posted: 23 May 2001 6:17AM GMT
It's me again...

I looked up my ancestry-files and want to tell you about Maria Frensch, Stockum (I don't have any details like birthdate etc., unfortunately). Her husband was Josef Graef (father: Matthias Graef), Stockum (died 1942).

They are my great-grandparents from my mothers line.

Sincerely yours,
Michael Kloft

village chronicle of Stockum

Posted: 23 May 2001 6:45AM GMT
Dear Darlene,

I forget to mention the village Stockum is more than 750 years old and made a little village chronicle with quite some nice information (written in German).

Sincerely yours,
Michael Kloft

Stockum chronicle

Posted: 25 May 2001 7:33AM GMT
Edited: 13 Aug 2001 10:42PM GMT
A copy of that would be great except that I can't read German. Could you translate information on the Baldus family?

Maria Frensch

Posted: 25 May 2001 7:36AM GMT
Edited: 13 Aug 2001 10:42PM GMT
Do you know if Maria is related to Johann Simon French, father of Elizabeth Frensch b. 1762?

Maria Frensch

Posted: 25 May 2001 7:56AM GMT
I can't tell you if Maria is related to Johann Simon Frensch.

Maybe I have to check the chronicle again. Please give me some days to do that.

Sincerly yours,
Michael Kloft

Baldus family

Posted: 29 May 2001 3:39AM GMT
Dear Darlene,

I will try to translate as much as I am able to do about the Baldus family from the chronicle of my village Stockum-Pueschen.

Please be patient, because it isn't that easy to translate. But I promise to do my best.

Sincerely yours,
Michael Kloft

Re: Your message

Posted: 17 Oct 2002 12:26AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 29 Oct 2006 6:49PM GMT
Surnames: Kloft, Molitor
Have you researched Kloft?
We are seeking information on Anna Maria (Kloft) Molitor (1830-1864) of Oestrich-Winkel a/Rheingau not far from Frankfurt/Wiesbaden area. She may have been born in Opmeer to Johann & Anna (Gunter).
Any assistance appreciated.
Pat

Re: Your message

Michael Kloft (View posts)
Posted: 17 Oct 2002 5:59AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Kloft
My ancestors are from the Westerwald region, former Duchy of Nassau, Germany. The area you mentioned was probably also the same Duchy, but I don't know anything about the Kloft families from this area. Actually, I don't have very much about this name, but I am interested in where the name came from. There are still today quite some families living in the Westerwald area, today part of Rhineland-Palatinate, Germany, but I didn't find any connection or more information.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic