Search for content in message boards

Looking for Wilbur E. Bobbitt

Looking for Wilbur E. Bobbitt

Posted: 14 Jul 2012 3:42PM GMT
Classification: Query
Recently near Pisa - Italy, it has been found a dog tag belonging to WILBUR E. BOBBITT n°33529147. He was born in Virginia, county of Campbell in 1923.
Nobody knows him or his relatives?
Thank you for helping me.

Silvio Passalalpi - Italy

Re: Looking for Wilbur E. Bobbitt

Posted: 14 Jul 2012 10:15PM GMT
It appears that Wilbur and his wife both lived in Roanoke, Virginia. If someone who lives in Roanoke, Virginia could look up the obituaries of Wilbur and his wife, you may be able to locate their children and send their father's dog tag to them.

Amelia

Name: Wilbur Bobbitt
Born: 30 Sep 1923
Last Benefit: 24015 Roanoke, Roanoke City, Virginia, United States of America
Died: Sep 1982
Social Security Death Index

Name: Sally S. Bobbitt
Last Residence: 24014 Roanoke, Roanoke City, Virginia, United States of America
Born: 24 Nov 1928
Last Benefit: 24015 Roanoke, Roanoke City, Virginia, United States of America
Died: 28 May 2000
State (Year) SSN issued: Virginia (Before 1951)
Social Security Death Index

Name: Wilbur E Bobbitt
Birth Date: 30 Sep 1923
Address: 2527 Spring Rd SW, Roanoke, VA, 24015-4009
U.S. Public Records Index, Volume 2

Posted: 15 Jul 2012 11:49AM GMT
Thanks Amelia for your interest in my search. Now I know the date of his born and when he died and that he was married, as well.
You write about Wilbur's sons, you know that really he had sons or is it only a conjecture?
Hoping to receive good news, I thank you once more for your kindness.

Silvio Passalalpi
Genoa - Italy

Posted: 16 Jul 2012 12:36AM GMT
Silvio,

I think I may have located Wilbur's daughter. I intend on calling her this week.

How did you come to find Wilbur Bobbitt's dog tags?

Amelia

Posted: 16 Jul 2012 3:01PM GMT
Amelia,
that could be a great news, I hope you can call her and explain what's going on.
I like search with my metal detector in the place where the US Army was during the WWII.Apropos you can have a look at my web site (www.silviopassalalpi.it), many pages are translate in english. Sometime I go to search with a friend of mine, Giovanni. About ten days ago we went for searching in a area close to Pisa where thousands of US soldier stayed for a long time.
In that place Giovanni found a dog tag belonging to WILBUR E. BIBBITT, serial number 33529147, blood "O", protestant. I wrote Bibbitt it isn't a my mistake, on the dog tag the surname is Bibbitt. Using the serial number on the governative NARA web site, I collected information about Wilbur and I discovered that his correct surname is Bobbitt. That means that tipying the dog tag someone made a mistake and that Wilbur asked for a new one. That's the little story about Giovanni's finding.Have a look to the attachment.
I hope to receive good news soon.
Ciao,
Silvio
Attachments:

Posted: 21 Jul 2012 5:45PM GMT
Silvio,

I called who I believe to be Wilbur's daughter earlier this week and left a message on her answering machine. She never returned my call.

Today I wrote her a letter and sent her a copy of our communications. I do hope that she is Wilbur's daughter and that she will write to you soon. I hope that Wilbur's dog tag may be returned to his family.

Sincerely,

Amelia

Posted: 22 Jul 2012 5:45AM GMT
Amelia,
really I hope to receive good news from Wilbur's daughter.
I want to give you one more information that I forgot last time that I wrote. The place where my friend Giovanni found the dog tag is Pisa, during the WWII in that place there was also the 92 Divison (Buffalo)that was only of coloured man. I don't know whether Wilbur belonged to the 92 Division.On his enlistement records at the voce "Race and Citizenship" there is an "Undefined Code".
Thank you for your great work. I hope to hear from you again.

Posted: 26 Jul 2012 5:50PM GMT
Amelia,
untill now nobody wrote to me...
Silvio
per page

Find a board about a specific topic