Search for content in message boards

Weaver Barnes Family

Weaver Barnes Family

Posted: 5 Dec 2000 11:17AM GMT
Edited: 3 Feb 2002 8:17PM GMT
Does anyone have any information about the Family of Weaver and Elizabeth Waters Barnes?I'm tryinng to find informaition about them and their son Joseph and his son Joshua. Looking forward to hearing from someone. Thanks

Weaver Barnes/ Elizabeth Waters

Ivolou Ward (View posts)
Posted: 30 Dec 2000 6:07PM GMT
Dear Nancy, My GGGGGgrandfather was Weaver Barnes. I am a descendant of Richard Barnes,one of his sons. I too am looking for information. I will try to see if one of my Barnes contacts knows of Joseph. I would appreciate exchanging information. I do not have a lot yet but we could share what we have. You may contact me direct at Ivolouward@aol.com Sincerely, Ivolou Ward

Re: Weaver Barnes Family

Lynn Barnes (View posts)
Posted: 28 Jul 2004 9:29PM GMT
Classification: Query
This is what I have: (I am a descendant through Joseph's line)
Weaver Barnes b: 1705 Queen Anne's Parish, Prince George's, MD; d: 27 Feb 1781 The child of Godfrey Barnes and Elizabeth Weaver; m: Elizabeth Waters abt 1730 at Snowdon's Manor, Montgomery, MD Issue:
1)John, b: 18 Feb 1733 ,Prince George's, MD m: Elizabeth Scott 10 Aug 1749 2)Thomas, b: 1735; 3) Sarah, b: 11 Apr 1752 ,Montgomery, MD; m: Nicholas Hocker 15 Nov 1773 d: Sep 1838 4) Joseph, b: 1754 ,Montgomery, MD; m: Mary Aldridge 5) Dorcas, b: 1754 ,Montgomery, MD; m: Phillip Hocker 1774; d: 22 Jun 1820 6) Richard Weaver, b: 1757 Snowdon's Manor, Montgomery, MD; m: Elizabeth Pigman 13 May 1779; d: 1812 7) daughter, m: Mr. Johns 8)Elizabeth, b: 1761 ,Ohio, KY; m: John Aldridge.
We do know that the big discrepancy of birth years between Thomas and Sarah was due to Weaver's military service. He was fighting in the Indian wars and was in Canada for that time. I believe he was with Col. Sappington's unit.
Elizabeth Waters, b: 25 Sep 1710 also in Queen Anne's Parish is the daughter of Samuel Waters and Jane Dunster; d: 1785 in ,Montgomery, MD
Weaver also had 2 brothers: Joseph and John...birth years unknown.
I hope this helps.

Posted: 29 Jul 2004 1:55PM GMT
Edited: 2 Sep 2005 4:01PM GMT
I am a descendent of Joseph Barnes;s son Joshua Barnes, Joshua married Henrietta (last name unknown) they had a daughter named Mahala who married William Padfield. They moved to St Clair Co in Illinois. IF you would like more information on this line I will be happy to give it to you. Which of Joseph's children are you from? Nancy

Posted: 29 Jul 2004 1:56PM GMT
Edited: 2 Sep 2005 4:01PM GMT
I am a descendent of Joseph Barnes;s son Joshua Barnes, Joshua married Henrietta (last name unknown) they had a daughter named Mahala who married William Padfield. They moved to St Clair Co in Illinois. IF you would like more information on this line I will be happy to give it to you. Which of Joseph's children are you from? Nancy

Lynn Barnes (View posts)
Posted: 29 Jul 2004 9:34PM GMT
Hello, Cousin...
I also am descended from Joshua, through his son, Joseph who married Elizabeth Barry/Barrow. Where I get hung up is with Joshua's g-gfather, Godfrey. I know that he was in Maryland because he died 26 Mar 1713 and his will was probated 17 Jan 1714 in ,Prince George's, MD. I know his wife's name was Elizabeth Weaver, the daughter of Richard and Ann Weaver. She re-married after his death a man named William Thomas. They had the 3 boys, Weaver, Joseph, and John. What I don't know is whether Godfrey was also born in the colonies, or did he come over from England...and where in England? I will gladly share information, too. My email is <linus2@cox.net> and I am part of the Arizona Barnes family (there are lots of us).

Posted: 25 Apr 2005 8:11PM GMT
Surnames: Barnes, Anderson, Weltmer, Aldridge, Waters, Dunster, Weavour
Hi cousin,
I also descend from Joseph and Elizabeth Barrow through their son, Joshua Garrett who m. Mary Anderson in St. Clair Co., IL. Joshua wandered quite a bit, but my family is from the Macon Co. IL time period for him. I would enjoy sharing. Joshua Garrett was my 2 great grandfather. I would appreciate help in finding the parents of Mary Anderson.

Posted: 4 Feb 2009 5:23PM GMT
Surnames: Barnes /Cessna
Lynn,
Greetings!

I am descended from Julie Ann Barnes, daughter of Richard Weaver Barnes, who married Johnathan Cessna of Bedford PA.

For years I have chased rabbit trails because in the book "The House of Cessna", Howard Cessna listed her as " the daughter of MAJOR Barnes of Maryland who served under Washington in the Revolution...." Best I can find, Richard Weaver Barnes was only a private during the Revolution. I am wondering if Howard got mixed up and in fact was referring to Richard's father, Weaver who based on what you list seems to have had a distinguished military career.....

I would greatly appreciate any information you can provide me as I am working to establish lines of Revolutionary Service for my children and I with the DAR and SAR.

Respectfully,

Gordon W. Bell
AKA CPTGordie85
CPTGordie@Gmail.com or
gordon40@bluemarble.net

Posted: 23 Mar 2013 8:41PM GMT
I am replying to a very old post so I don't know if you will get this. Please let me know if you do and I'll post more. I'm part of this same Barnes line, only we branch off at Joseph Hamilton. I am stumped about Godfrey too - from what I've found, he was born in Maryland. Please let me know if you get this reply. Thanks so much. I'm Suzi Barnes in Iowa.

Posted: 23 Mar 2013 8:44PM GMT
Hello Lynn, I just sent you a reply from a very old post dated 2004. Please let me know if you receive this. My husband is a descendant through Joseph's line too. I'm trying to find ties in England to this family. Have you had any luck? You might not get this, so I won't write much for this time. I'm Suzi Barnes in Iowa
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions