Search for content in message boards

Franzfield/Franzfeld Germany

Franzfield/Franzfeld Germany

Cindy Beam (View posts)
Posted: 2 Feb 2000 5:52AM GMT
Trying to find location of this town.....my great-grandparents emigrated from Hungary to Germany; they are listed as being married in Franzfield, then they emigrated to the USA. Does anyone know where this town/region is?
CBeamRN@aol.com

Re: Franzfield/Franzfeld Germany

Posted: 3 Jul 2001 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Biography
Surnames: Scholler,Scheuermann
Franzfeld was a german settlement in Yugos.
My parents are from there and settled in Germany after WWII.
I would love to hear from you. Let me know your grandparents name. My mother is still alive and very knowledgeable about the town of Franzfeld. She has a "history book" on the town starting with the settlement in the 1700.
Her maiden name was Scheuermann. My father's last name is Scholler.

Posted: 25 Apr 2003 1:42AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 28 Sep 2008 3:32PM GMT
Surnames: Wagenhals,Hammer, Fetter, Pfister, Ulmer
I would love to have access to a book like that as most of my Father's family was from or born in Franzfeld Austria Huungary.My Grandfather's Father's name was Joseph (Yosef) Wagenhals he married Elisabeth Dehm, his Father was Jakob Wagenhals and he married Barbara Ulmer. My Grandmother's Father's name was Michael Hammer (Mihaly) who married Elisabeth Fetter. Michaels's Father was Michael and his Mother was Magdelina Pfister. Elisabeth's Father was David Fetter and her Mother was Christine (Krestoiaz) and I have yet to find her maiden name but she had a daughter still in Hungary at the time of her death (1923) who was listed as Mrs. Michael Zeigler (or Ziegler).The Wagenhals immigrated to US-Mansfield, Ohio in 1913, the Fetter's in 1904 to Mansfield, ohio, the Hammer's in 1908 to Mansfield, Ohio. I have a family website with my family tree as I have so far and some pictures you are welcome to aee at www.wagenhalsgleasonfamily.org visitors are welcome and any info is greatly appreciated. Sincerely Debbie

Cindy Stoller (View posts)
Posted: 25 Apr 2003 2:04AM GMT
I am so sorry it took me so long to reply! I was never notified that a reply had been posted to my post.
My family name is Kvochick, originally spelled Kvocsik. My great-grandparents were Joseph Kvocsik and Dorothea Miller (maybe Mueller), and they were married Dec 15, 1898. Any info you might find would be greatly appreciated!

Cindy Stoller (View posts)
Posted: 25 Apr 2003 2:07AM GMT
Debra, my great-grandparents are also from Franzfeld, and emmigrated to Mansfield OH. It seems quite a few Slovak families did the same! My family name is Kvochick, originally spelled Kvocsik. Small world huh!

Debra Bebout Wagenhals (View posts)
Posted: 14 Jul 2003 3:31AM GMT
Would it be possible to get a copy of this History Book?? If so can you let me know as my cousin has one also and would love to purchase one for my family. Thank you, Debbie
Attachments:

Posted: 28 Sep 2008 2:38PM GMT
I know this information is very late. I haven't followed up on any of my postings.
You can get a book "Franzfelder Heimatbuch" if you go to Franzfeld.de and ask this group. They are still active close to my hometown in Germany. Also if you want to search under "Donauschwaben" you might find some contacts and more information.
Sorry about the delay and good luck.
Irmgard

Posted: 9 Aug 2009 11:16PM GMT
Surnames: Miller or Moeller
Hi,
I am looking for my Grandmother, Barbara Miller (Moeller), who immigrated from Franzfeld about 1906 with her brother, Jacob Miller (Moeller) and settled in Mansfield, Ohio. Barbara married Andras Kittelberger and had 6 children. She died in 1967. I can find no record of her anywhere. Any help you can give me would be appreciated.

Sondra Kader

Re: Franzfield/Franzfeld Germany - family SCHEUERMANN

Posted: 29 Mar 2010 5:46PM GMT
Hi Irmi,
obviously your message is now 9 years old - but the internet does not forget, right?
My family hails from Lazarfeld, close to Franzfeld and I am currently doing some research for my father who is gonna turn 70y next year and who was born there.
My grandmother, one Elisabeth SCHEUERMANN was born in Franzfeld in 1915 and then moved to Lazarfeld to my grandfathers family OTT. From family lore I have it that the SCHEUERMANN where a big and influentous family in Franzfeld - but every small farmer became a big land owner after the war in memory. So I am looking more into the details now. Since I am German and living in Germany I might have easier access to original documents then you - if you'll let me know more details about your granny, I'll cross-check with what I find from my part of the Franzfeld SCHEUERMANNs. Ok?
Send me an email anytime
Cheerio
Pat

Posted: 17 May 2010 12:33AM GMT
Cindy, sorry for the delay - I've just recently become a member. If you're still looking, Franzfeld was a town in the former Yugoslavia now called Kacarevo. It is near Panschova northeast of Belgrade. It is the Vojvodina region. There are lots of internet resources available now on this area since you posted this message. http://www.dvhh.org/banat/maps/index.htm and http://www.vojvodina.com/geografija/images/karta.jpg are two in particular.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic