Search for content in message boards

Miller & Baker family

Miller & Baker family

Kathy Cagle Baker (View posts)
Posted: 29 Jan 2001 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Miller, Baker
I am seeking information regarding my husband's ggg grandparents, John Baker and his wife, Catherine Miller, both born in Cumberland County, PA between 1800 and 1805. Catherine's father's name was John Miller and her mother's given name was Susan. I do not know if John and Catherine were married in PA or Ohio (information I have states that their children were all born in Ohio) Their oldest son's obituary (Sylvanus F. Baker/Ft. Wayne, Indiana Newspapers, 1841-1900) states that Sylvanus was of German ancestry and belonged to the English Lutheran Church. Children of John and Catherine Miller Baker were:

1)Susanna Catherine Baker, born abt 1825
2)Sylvanus F. Baker, born abt 1831
3)Michael Baker, born abt. 1834
4)William D. Baker, born abt. 1836
5)Simon Springer Baker, born March 30, 1837
6)Samantha Baker, born abt. 1839
7)Catherine Baker, born abt. 1842
8)Emanuel Baker, born abt. 1846
9)Francis M. Baker, born 1848 (Francis was my husband's gg grandfather)

I would appreciate any information regarding my husband's Baker and Miller ancestors, especially where and when John and Catherine married, and information regarding their parentage. Thanks... Kathy Cagle Baker/ Big Sandy, TX

Miller & Baker Family

Kathy Cagle Baker (View posts)
Posted: 30 Jan 2001 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Miller, Baker
Floyd,

Thank you for your response to my query and sending me the link to your website. I do feel there is a good possibility that my husband's Miller ancestors could be connected with several of those listed on the Cumberland County, PA cemetery list. I am almost positive that John Miller's wife's maiden name was "Springer" due to information I found recently on the Springer genforum. If I can confirm this I will let you know. Presently, I have very little information regarding the family of John Miller prior to his daughter, Catherine, who married John Baker and will have to do more research into this family before I can possibly make any connections with those you have listed on your website. Your website is great and I'm sure I will be referring back to it often. Again thanks, and I will definitely keep you posted on any new information I come across on my husband's Miller family. Kathy Baker

MILLERs of Cumberland County, PA

Floyd A. Miller (View posts)
Posted: 30 Jan 2001 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: MILLER
Pls check my web site for MILLERs of Cumberland County, PA

Have MILLERs buried in county cemeteries.
Have John and Mary MILLER of Adams County moving into Cumberland County with 10 sons and one daughter...
Have a John MILLER with his mother Catherine MILLER living in the Newville area...

Eli Miller

Damon Fetters (View posts)
Posted: 30 Apr 2001 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: MILLER
Thank you for your website. My GG Grandmother is a Catherine Miller Fetters whose obituary from Celina, Mercer Co. Ohio, states she was born in Shiremanstown, Cumberland, PA. to an Eli and Catherine Miller.

Eli and his family moved to Ohio and then to Indiana where Catherine married my GG Grandfather. 1860 Indiana Census records confirm that Catherine and her parents were born in PA. Eli is listed at age 55 (birth about 1805).

Do you have any additional information on the Eli, son of Levi who was under 14 in the Adams County Guardianship Papers mentioned on your site?

Miller, James

Posted: 8 May 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 5 Jan 2002 2:03PM GMT
Surnames: Miller
Looking for information on James Miller, Born in Carlisle, Cumberland County, Pennsylvania in about 1809. Moved to Cincinnati, Ohio and died there on November 4,1878. We think his wife's name was Mary. He had a son James P. Miller, who we believe was also born in Pa in about 1846, before the move to Ohio.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions