Search for content in message boards

Wm. and Mary Pigg of Clay Co. Ky

Wm. and Mary Pigg of Clay Co. Ky

Posted: 2 Apr 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 24 Mar 2002 1:53AM GMT
Surnames: Pigg, Cain
I am looking for information on William and Mary ? Pigg.
They are listed on the 1850 censes. Children listed as John, (Sarilda) Jane, Margaret, William, Paul, Prestin, Remis and Susan Pigg. Jane was married in 1853 in Estill Co. Ky to James M. Cain. Their are two different William and Mary Pigg in Clay Co. Ky on the 1850 Censes.

two different Pigg family lines

Barbara Turner (View posts)
Posted: 3 Apr 2000 12:00PM GMT
I hope someone sees our posts and can help us find the correct line.
Barbara

Wm and Mary Pigg of Clay Co. Ky

Kathy Harrison (View posts)
Edited: 23 Jun 2001 3:32PM GMT
Surnames: Pigg, Cain
The children names on the censes are not the same. I don't believe that they were counted twice. I talked to this one guy. He is related to the other sEt of Piggs in Clay Co. He has quite a bit of information on them, but they are not my Pigg line.

Mary Ann Pigg

Barbara Turner (View posts)
Do you know if Mary Ann Pigg who married Elias Risner Nov. 26, 1851 could be related to the Clay Co. Piggs? I don't have any dates for Mary Ann, but Elias was b.1813 in Harlan Co., KY and d. 1900
It is possible that William and Mary Pigg were counted twice in the census. I have quite a few families in Bell Co. who are on the 1850 census twice.

William Pigg

Posted: 9 Apr 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 18 Jul 2001 7:31PM GMT
Surnames: Pigg, Bowling, Tharp, Gentry, Lawson, Allen
I have a William Pigg who married Mary Bowling. Could this be your family? They were married in Laurel County, KY which is right next door to Clay County, KY. Let me know.

Would be happy to share what I have.

Sherry

William and Mary Pigg of Clay Co. Ky

Posted: 10 Apr 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Pigg, Cain, Barger, Cornett, Arnett
On the 1850 Clay Co. Ky censes. There are the following list of Piggs.
My set of Piggs.
William Pigg, age 40 yrs
Mary ? Pigg, age 35 yrs
John Pigg, age 19 yrs
Jane Pigg, 'Serilda Jane Pigg Cain' age 16 yrs. Married in Estill Co. Ky. to James M. Cain
Margaret Pigg, age 13 yrs
William Pigg, age 10 yrs
Paul Pigg, age 8 yrs
Preston Pigg, age 5 yrs
Remis Pigg, age 3 yrs
Susan Pigg, age 1 yr.

William Pigg 30 yrs
Mary ? Pigg 29 yrs
Lecretia Pigg 9 yrs
Samuel Pigg 7 yrs
Matth? Pigg 6 yrs.

On the 1810, 1820 there is also a Willaim Pigg. But not mine, set of Pigg. My William would of just been born in 1810 and would not be listed as head of household on those censes. I have seen where a William Pigg married a Mary Elizabeth Bowling butthis Willaim was born about 1820.
This Mary is I believe a sister to MAry Polly Bowling that married Abraham Barger my ggggrandfather. So they are related somehow to me.
Kathy

Piggs in Clay Co.

Posted: 11 Apr 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Piggs
I do have some information on the other set of Pigg's from Clay Co. I sent for a news letter about a year ago. But, It was not my line. I keep it because it might turn out that they are kin anyways.

Kezziah Pigg

Maryellen Horrigan (View posts)
Posted: 22 Jun 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Pigg, Hubbard, RIGGINS
Ihave a KEZZIAH PONDER/PINDER 29 years old in the 1850 Clay Co Ky Census . Near by is many Pigg families I believe this Kezziah was a Pigg before her marriage. Can anyone find me a marriage bond? I also have a 1700's Kezziah Pigg in VA whom I believe is an ancestor. Is she in anyone's data? Thanks, Maryellen

W.W. Pigg & Guy Pigg

Posted: 18 Jul 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 31 Jul 2001 6:22PM GMT
Surnames: Pigg
I am a descendent of the Pigg family. Anderson Pigg, b. 1772 married Polly Perry, b. 1775. One of their daughters, Mary Jane Pigg married my gggrandfather John Hiram Conner. The Conner's were originally from Mt. Sterling, KY. I am not sure exactly where the Pigg family originated from (I think VA>KY). I have a picture in my possession of the Pigg Family c. mid 1800s . Shown are: W.W. Pigg and wife Guy Pigg, John Pigg, Mary Jane Pigg, Willy Woodford Pigg, Sallie Bird Pigg, Cary Pigg, Jenny Pigg, Mattie Pig.
Perhaps this is the family you were looking for? Email me.

Re: Pigg/Jones

Posted: 3 Sep 2001 4:54PM GMT
Surnames: Jones/Pigg
I am searching for the Pigg/Jones combination in Laurel or Clay counties. James Franklin Jones and Margaret Pigg Jones were my g-grandparents. They lived in Laurel County in 1884 when my grandfather David Frederick Jones was born the last of seven children. Anybody have any info? Thanks much, Mrs. Carol Jones
per page

Find a board about a specific topic