Search for content in message boards

Surname - Karavasilis, Hagimihalis or Morego

Surname - Karavasilis, Hagimihalis or Morego

Elaine Alper (View posts)
Posted: 6 Apr 2004 4:17AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Karavasilis, Hagimihalis, Morego
I'm looking for anyone related to any of these names.
I have family in Greece - Nea Kios, Piraeus, Athens,
and Argos. I would love to hear from someone.

Re: Surname - Karavasilis, Hagimihalis or Morego

Sharon Sirris (View posts)
Posted: 8 Apr 2004 10:14AM GMT
My husbands maternal aunts married name was Moraitis I believe they were from Castellorizo and migrated to Australia

Posted: 22 Mar 2013 8:21PM GMT
Hi Elaine, yes we are here. We are Karavasilis in xania, crete. I have cousins and uncles in Athens and Piraeus. My father Adonis is in Florida, and Brazil. Another uncle with cousins in NM. We also have family in canada. My grandfather Lefteris migrated to Crete from Turkey a while back before WWII. I hope this helps.

Posted: 22 Mar 2013 11:18PM GMT
How VERY exciting to hear from you!! I imagine we must be related, someway or another. My grandfather was George from Chios. Born in 1900. I really don't know specifics of why his last name got change so many times, but I do believe he started off as a Karavasilis. His father was Stilianos Karavasilis, and his mother was Marigo Moraitis-Karavasilis. Together they had George, Irene, Yiani, and Angeliki.

If you have an email address, I would love to if we truly are related. I have a family tree created in geni.com, that I could add you in.

I look forward to your response.

Thank you so much.

Regards,
Elaine Carvao-Alper
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions