Search for content in message boards

DNA Participant THOMAS ALAN PRESTON - Bedford County VA Line

DNA Participant THOMAS ALAN PRESTON - Bedford County VA Line

Posted: 30 Jun 2011 7:43AM GMT
Classification: Query
I am trying to contact Thomas Alan Preston but the e-mail address given on his DNA profile is no longer valid.

Several of the participants in Y-DNA testing for the Bedford County, VA PRESTONS have been researching and exchanging information for several years. We have the lineage for all participant at the 12-marker Y-DNA level.
Thomas Alan Preston is the only one whose lineage is unknown to the group and we would very much like to make contact and exchange information. The following are Exact matches at 12 markers:

Larry Dean Preston

John Stephen Preston

Thomas Alan PRESTON

Roy M. Preston

Paul Byron Preston

Joseph Ronald Preston

Joseph A. Preston

I would be glad to share any information I have, and look forward to hearing from another Preston cousin.

Sonia Meyer
Hacienda Heights, CA

Re: DNA Participant THOMAS ALAN PRESTON - Bedford County VA Line

Posted: 12 Oct 2011 7:43AM GMT
Surnames: Preston
What Prestons are in your line? My Dad did his DNA and we believe we are Preston through his father. Long story but I am interested in comparing DNA. My Preston's are Percy Thomas Preston (1875-1941), Henry Preston (1828-1899)Colonel John Preston (1781-1864) Robert Preston (1750-1833) and John Preston (1726-1796). They were originally from Ireland and settled in the Bristol, Washington Cty Va area. Colonel John Preston also married a Preston cousin of his and they are from the Blacksburg VA area.

Thanks!!

DNA Results - The Preston Project - Still & still looking for Thomas Alan Preston

Posted: 12 Oct 2011 8:32AM GMT
Surnames: PRESTON, TATE, MAJORS, BALLARD, SIMMONS
For DNA testing several lines of Preston have used World Family Tree DNA
http://www.FamilyTreeDNA.com
The site has in-depth explanations of the process and interpretation of the results. Those tested were assigned Kit Numbers and Passwords to track and access their results by logging in to:
http://www.familytreedna.com/Login.aspx

Most of these results were then uploaded to
http://Ydna.com where they can be viewed by all. Go to this site and you can see the latest Preston Project DNA matches and Patriarch information.

http://www.worldfamilies.net/surnames/preston/results
(The Bedford, VA group is in Pink)
One of the volunteer coordinators for the Preston site is Angie Preston whose e-mail address is apreston@windstream.net

My lineage is
Philip Preston and Mary Unknown died Bedford Co. VA (arrived in Bedford Co., VA 1750's - Don't know where he was before that. Still searching.
Thomas Preston (b.c. 1740) - Mary Ballard of Bedford Co., VA
Joel Preston - Lucy Tate (Revolutionary War Soldier)
Caleb Preston - Elizabeth Majors (Bedford Co. VA to DeKalb Co., TN and Logan Co., KY
Matilda Adeline Preston - William Henry Simmons of Logan Co., KY

Best of luck, Hopefully others of your line have been posted their DNA Y-results and Lineage there.

Sonia Meyer

Re: DNA Results - The Preston Project - Still & still looking for Thomas Alan Preston

Posted: 13 Oct 2011 4:27AM GMT
Thanks Sonia. I have run into this before and I do not believe any of these Prestons are mine, at least directly. I think there may be some indirect relations, but hard to say for sure. Thank you very much for giving me the info.

Re: DNA Results - The Preston Project - Still & still looking for Thomas Alan Preston

Posted: 13 Oct 2011 4:50AM GMT
Angie,
Your family appears to be of the Walnut Grove, VA line and I've seen some documentation back to Ireland. Can you tell me what company you used for your family DNA Testing and if results for the Walnut Grove Prestons have been posted anywhere?

Thanks,

Sonia

Posted: 13 Oct 2011 6:19AM GMT
i had our dna done through Ancestry. as far as i know no walnut grove prestons have ever submitted their dna..wish they would because that is my direct line.

Re: DNA Participant THOMAS ALAN PRESTON - Bedford County VA Line

Posted: 14 Jan 2013 8:16PM GMT
Email adddress is diatom1@yahoo.com
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions