Search for content in message boards

Tilbury East, Raleigh, Dover Twp's

Tilbury East, Raleigh, Dover Twp's

Posted: 12 May 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 1 Apr 2003 6:53PM GMT
Surnames: Gilhuly, Murphy, Willard, Finlin
I am researching the MURPHY, FINLIN, GILHULY, WILLARD, families who lived in Tilbury East, Raleigh, and Dover during the latter half of the 1800's. My research has only taken me to the 1891 census, as I do not, as yet have access to the 1901 census. Any information on these families or suggestions on how to get the 1901 census for Kent County, would be greatly appreciated.

Raleigh Township

Joan Luszczek (View posts)
Posted: 20 Jun 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Gilhuly, Willard, Finn, Dillon, Wellwood
I was very interested in your query. Of the eight names you listed, four (Gilhuly, Willard, Finn, Dillon) are familiar to me. People with these surnames married into the Wellwood Family of Raleigh, Kent County, Ontario which I have been successfully researching for several years.

Do you have a connection with the Wellwood’s?

Here is an outline of what I know of these families. Margaret Ann Willard (1852-1914) married Samuel Lyttle Wellwood. Their son James married Ada Mary Gilhuly (1875-1945); their son George Edwin married Aurelia M. Finn (1889-1953). James and Ada Mary’s daughter, Ada Mary, married Herbert B. Dillon (1909-?).

I have some additional information on the Willard, Gilhuly, Finn and Dillon families (parents, siblings, burial location) and extensive information on the Wellwood Family. If these are the same families you are researching I would be happy to share the information I have.

Raleigh Township

Janet White (View posts)
Posted: 24 Jun 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: White
My ancestors William and Hannah White came to Raleigh Township in 1826 from Philadelphia, PA. Before that they lived in Rolvendon, Kent County, England, then went to Philadelphia in 1816. They had many children: Edward, Mary, Betsie, Hannah, Henry, William (who married a "Broadbent") Daniel, Sarah, Stephen, and Hester, and were still in the area at the time of the 1871 census. As you have been researching the area for a while, have you come across any White's? Thanks for any help you can give,
Janet White

Gilhuly

Shawn Gilhuly (View posts)
Posted: 15 Sep 1999 12:00PM GMT
William Gilhuly was my great great grandfather born on September 8, 1804 County Roscommon. His wife as Honora Loughlin of Merlin, On. His son, William married was born on February 17, 1845 in Merlin and married Mary Finlin on November 5, 1866. Timothy was a merchant and is buried in Riverview Cemetery in Wallaceburg, On.

They has thirteen children (Mary, William, patrick, Mary Ann, Thomas, John, Stephen, Ignatius, james, Andrew, Margaret, Janet and Leo (my grandfather)

Leo had five sons (Timothy - my father, William, Robert, Gerald and Michael)

I have all of the family history dating back to 1804 and over time add to the list I pick up new info.

Anything you need, please mail and I will send .

Sincerely

Shawn Gilhuly

Gilhuly

Cheryl Hartwell (View posts)
Posted: 25 Sep 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Dillon, Barry, Gilhuly
William and Elizabeth (Dillon) Barry had eight children and Estella Barry married Francis Henry Gilhuly in june 21, 1904 and they had a family of eleven children, Leo, Albert, Lucy, Mary, Margaget, Agnes, Francis, Bernida, Monica, Ada and Patricia. Leo's son(Garry) had afamily reunion in July of 1978.
I don't have any back information on the Gilhuly family but would be nice if some information could lead to more information about the Barry's and Dillon's
Look forward to information you may have. Thanks. cheryl

dillon

Cheryl Hartwell (View posts)
Posted: 25 Sep 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: dillon, barry
Parents Simon and Myra Dillion had two daughters that I know of.
1. Elizabeth married Willam Barry (son of William Barry and Margart Ryan)
2. Margaret(Jan-10-1864 to April-3-1946) married Michael Barron

I am tring to more information, general on both side of this family. William Barry came from Ireland (cork ?), farmed near Chatam. Children have raleigh twp. on there brith certificaes. If you have any information leads I look forward to hearing from you.

Dillon

Joan luszczek (View posts)
Posted: 2 Oct 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Dillon, Wellwood
I do not have any Dillion's in my line. I do have Herbert B. Dillon (b. 1909) married to Ada Mary Wellwood (b. August 21, 1912.); married February 09, 1937.

Barry

celene (View posts)
Posted: 12 Oct 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Barry, Freeman, Camp
Hi. I am looking for a Lafayette Barry from Canada?, immigrated in the 1870's and married Heneryetta Camp b. in MI. They were married in 1876 and had a daughter named Bertha in 1877. In the 1880 Tuscola twp, Mich., Heneryetta and Bertha were living with her parents in Tuscola and I can not find any more info. re: Lafayette. Do you have any information on these individuals? Thanks.

Celene
Posted: 26 Mar 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 27 May 2003 3:03PM GMT
Surnames: Gilhuly, McNamara
I have Stephen Gilhuly,son of William and Honora. He married
Mary Catherine McNamara of Raleigh Twp. Would you have any information on that family? Thanks,Sally
Posted: 26 Mar 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 27 May 2003 3:03PM GMT
Surnames: Gilhuly, McNamara
I have Stephen Gilhuly,son of William and Honora. He married
Mary Catherine McNamara of Raleigh Twp. Would you have any information on that family?
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions