Search for content in message boards

Ekins of Raunds

Ekins of Raunds

Posted: 10 Jan 2011 4:10AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Ekins/ Eaton/ Pettit
Still searching for the parents of John Ekins, butcher of Raunds, England, born 1785, died 1853, father Thomas Ekins, mother unknown; married Mary Eaton, b 1790? in Woodford, father Thomas Eaton, b ? died 1834. Mother Elizabeth Pettit of Doddington. I am interested in corresponding with anyone doing Ekins/Eaton research. I have an extensive data base and am happy to share info on these and related families. Thanks.
karenlcox38@gmail.com

Re: Ekins of Raunds

Posted: 20 Jul 2011 9:43AM GMT
Surnames: Ekins
Hi I'm researching an Amy Ekins (b. about 1689) who married a John Smith in 1710. Both are from Raunds, Northamptonshire. Is my Ekins related to yours?

Regards,

Carla

Posted: 20 Jul 2011 6:06PM GMT
Hello,

I am not sure what the relationship is to me but I do have some info on her. She was the daughter of Thomas Ekins and Annie or Amy Joyce. I believe she was the daughter of Richard Joyce and Annie of Hargrave. I have Annie or Amy born 10 may 1660 in Hargrave. I have Thomas was the son of John Ekins the Elder of Raunds and Martha Child. John and Amy's children are Ekin Smith and John Smith. I hope I am right and that this helps. All of the info I have comes from an extensive search of Ekins in Raunds parish records and surrounding parish records.

Posted: 21 Jul 2011 2:54AM GMT
Karen,

Thank you so much for this information! The children match up so I'm guessing the additional information would be correct as well. Do you know the DOB for Thomas Ekins, John Ekins, Ekins Smith and John Smith (jnr)?

Regards,

Carla

Posted: 22 Jul 2011 12:48AM GMT
I have John Smith chr 22 April 1683 Raunds N DOD
Ekin Smith chr 9 Sep 1711 Raunds DOB 15 Jan 1780 Raunds MD Jane Drage chr 4 Dec 1714 in Raunds DOB 24 May 1798 MD 12 Feb 1732/33 Great Harrowden, Northamptonshire, England Children: Amy Smith chr 26 Feb 1733/34 Raunds Buried 21 Aug 1797 in woodford md William Dickens chri 17 May 1733, Woodford Died 4 July 1802 Woodford. They married in Raunds 6 Nov 1757s I have family for them

John Smith child of John Smith and Amy Ekins Chr 15 Nov 1713 in Ringstead. I have no spouse or children for him.

Thomas Ekins chr 15 Mar 1661/62 Raunds; died aft 1724 Annie Joyce chr 10 May 1660 Hargrave Buried 25 Jan 1723/24 Raunds

Posted: 23 Jul 2011 4:00AM GMT
Edited: 27 Jul 2011 2:39AM GMT
Thank you once again for all the info. It's a great help!

Is the email you have given in your first message correct? I tried to email you but it wouldn't send.

Posted: 15 Nov 2012 5:31PM GMT
Surnames: Ekins, Flintham, Elliott
I am looking for records for Katherine Ekins, who was alive in 1660. Ekins may have been her married name. She was the sister in law of Joseph Elliott, citizen and cooper of London - whose wife's name was Anna. I think there may be a connection to Raunds and Northamptonshire, as John Elliott, a Stepney carpenter who was a relative (brother?) of Joseph's, mentions the Flintham family of Raunds as relatives in his will of 1672.

Posted: 1 Dec 2012 4:38AM GMT
Surnames: EKINS
Hello,
My great, great Grandfather George Ekins of Raunds, DOB 07.07.1820 and married Mary Ann Emery. Im tracing his family ancestory. George came to Australia on the ship "Constance". I would be interested if anyone has any information on George. Im actually coming to the UK in June 2013 and would be grateful for any information.

Lynette Schlein (nee Ekins)

Posted: 2 Dec 2012 2:24AM GMT
Hi Lynette,

There may be a distant connection between our families. Where was George Ekins born?

Cheers,

Carla

Posted: 2 Dec 2012 10:50AM GMT
George was born in Raunds, NOrthhamptonshire.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions