Search for content in message boards

Bishops of Prince George Co.

Bishops of Prince George Co.

Posted: 4 Oct 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 18 Jan 2002 5:46PM GMT
Surnames: Bishop
I am searching for more info on a John Bishop, Jr. Born c.1635, married to Sarah Laurence (Lawrence) and his descendents, John Bishop, born c.1670- died c.1714, married to Sarah Harmon, and his son Henry Bishop, born c.1700-died c.1782, married to Mary Glover. All were from Prince George Co., Va. These names and dates are tentative at best, so any definite answers would be appreciated.

John Bishop, Jr.

Andreia Wolcott (View posts)
Posted: 22 May 2001 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Bishop, burrows, Harmon, Lawrence, Litchford
I have the info on John Bishop, Jr, but my line goes on to John Bishop the third and John Bishop the fourth and Nathan Bishop married to a Lydia? and then a Benjamin Bishop married to a Carolyn Burrows and James Jones Bishop married to a Sarrah? to a Sarah(sally) Bishop married to a William Litchford. This is where I can trace my family back to. My dad is a Litchford.The Jr you are looking for is the son of a Captain John Bishop and Elizabeth Booker. These came from England. Thanks. I have more, so if interested email me.

Re: John Bishop, Jr.

Donna Jo Bishop Wright (View posts)
Posted: 13 Feb 2002 4:20AM GMT
The best Bishop information I've found is at:
http://members.aol.com/jblue46498/bishop.htm
I think you'll find your John's there. I'm stuck on my gggrandfather's parents James W. and Ann (?) Bishop. Their son, Joseph A. Bishop, was born in 1836 and I don't know if he had siblings or his mother's maiden name to go back further than that. Happy Hunting!

Re: Bishops of Prince George Co.

Posted: 28 Jul 2003 7:10PM GMT
Edited: 11 Jan 2004 3:22AM GMT
I'm at the proverbial brick wall, trying to trace an Archibald Glover (Glovier?), who may have married a Curry at the beginning of the 19th c. and who may have lived in Prince George in 1850. He would have been about 70 years old then. Other common Christian names among the Glovers were Richard, Benjamin, and John.

JDG jd-glover@comcast.net

Re: Bishops of Prince George Co.

Posted: 3 Mar 2006 8:39AM GMT
I have recently tried tracing my family tree. My great great grandfather was David Mason Bishop he was the son of T. Henry Bishop and M. Butler. David was born in Petersburg, Virginia. In the late 1800's they were living in Petersburg. David married Corrindat Maile and had two children Joseph Boisseau Bishop and Mary Elizabeth Bishop. Any help I would appreciate it. T. Henry Bishop may have had a son named for him in a directory there were two T. Henry Bishop's living next door to each other

Re: John Bishop, Jr.

Posted: 2 Sep 2012 3:04PM GMT
Edited: 2 Sep 2012 3:11PM GMT
Does anyone know where the Bishop info referred to by the URL listed in the Donna Jo Bishop Wright entry can be found? I'm trying to connect Beal Bishop b1802 to William Glover Bishop 1738-10 Aug 1823. Did William Glover Bishop have a son Jeremiah? I'm having trouble verifying what I find on the Internet.
Thanks
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions