Search for content in message boards

GRACE DAUGHENBAUGH

GRACE DAUGHENBAUGH

Posted: 4 Jan 2008 8:08AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Daughenbaugh, Pressler, Huff
Seeking any information on Grace Daughenbaugh, b. 23 Mar 1873 or 1878; m. Charles Pressler, Howard, Centre County, PA, 25 May 1893. She's my ggrandmother on mother's side, and this is almost all the information I have, considering I've been working on portions of my family for 20 years. Get completely stumped on her, so any information anyone has would be helpful. She may be child of Henry Daughenbaugh, son of John & Catherine Daughenbaugh of Pennsylvania. She would have had three children, Florence (my grandmother), Bessie, and Charles Franklin Pressler. Please furnish whatever information you can if she sounds familiar to you. Thanks everyone.

Re: GRACE DAUGHENBAUGH

Posted: 14 Jan 2008 2:57AM GMT
Susan Grace Daughenbaugh was a daughter of Henry and Letitia Bodle Daughenbaugh. She was married 25 May, 1893 to Charles A. Pressler. It appears in the marriage record that both were divorced when they married but the records are
unclear. According to my records she was born 20 Feb. 1875.
I know from funeral home records that they ( Charles and Susan ) had a child that died but the record states only casket for child. Henry and Letitia had several other children: Margery E. m.Samuel Hinton, Sarah Catherine m. William Solt, Mary Alma m. Robert Neff, Marion "Virgie" who died before marrying. I think all died before 1958. Letitia was the daughter of David and Mary Bodle. Henry was the son of Michael and Sarah Huntzinger Daughenbaugh.

Posted: 14 Jan 2008 8:52AM GMT
Surnames: Hough, Pressler, Huff, Daughenbaugh
thank you so much for your response. Are you related to this line? I don't have that Henry was married before so the Letitia side is new to me, but I'm going to check it out. My "henry" was, according to my records, son of John & Catherine, but that may be where I keep running into the wall, so thank you for the new information which may help my search. Anything provided on this line is a help at this point. My Charles Pressler always came up as Charles Franklin Pressler as well, son of Isaac Pressler. Thanks again for your information. I really appreciate it.

Posted: 14 Jan 2008 10:57PM GMT
I guess I didn't make myself clear. Henry was not previously married. I mean Grace and or Charles were. I am a distant relative of yours. My father was Robert Daughenbaugh , son of Chester, son of James Washington who was a younger brother of Henry, son of Michael, son of Christian, son of John, son of the immigrant Martin. I still live in the Howard, PA area where Henry lived and died. I do research in the summer and this is one of my main families to research. I do have old letters from my grandfather and one of his cousins to someone doing genealogy about the older Daughenbaughs. You would be surprised at how many people research this family!

Posted: 27 Nov 2011 12:00AM GMT
Hello,

I am working on my daughenbaugh genealogy, and was wondering if you have any info on henry daughenbaugh and brother james washington daughenbaugh, sons of Michael & Sarah Hunsinger.

My G Grandfather was Frank Daughenbaugh, son of John Sherman, son of Samuel Daughenbaugh. Any information on the above would be appreciated. Do you also have a public daughenbaugh genealogy on ancestry.com

Glenn Daughenbaugh
Glenn@Daughenbaugh.com or GandG@Daughenbaugh.com

You can email me directly if you wish.

Posted: 10 Oct 2012 6:16PM GMT
my madien name is daughenbaugh....my father william lawrence daughenbaugh....my gradfather is norman and his wife name louise.........norman had sisters named grace, mae, and i know there was a brother also who was a preacher who lived to be over 100 yrs old.....i did have help from my grandmother with a family tree and have misplaced it...looking like crazy.....my great aunt grACE was married to a buccanon (dond know if i spelled that right).
per page

Find a board about a specific topic