Search for content in message boards

Morris Merrill of Whitestown, NY

Morris Merrill of Whitestown, NY

Carolyn James (View posts)
Posted: 2 Jun 2000 3:41PM GMT
Morris b Aug 13 1779 m Rhoda A. Robbins b. Oct 7 1789 Whitestown, Oneida Co. NY. Migrated to Rising Sun, Ohio Co., Indiana. Done pretty good on his descendents but unable to find his ancestors

Morris Merrill

Robert (View posts)
Posted: 2 Sep 2000 6:41PM GMT
May be able to help you with the information requested. Will contact my mother, a Merrill, who has been to Riseing Star and knows the family history better than I do. There was more than one Morris Merrill in the family at that time as I recall from conversations with my mother.

Morris Merrill

Robert (View posts)
Posted: 3 Sep 2000 8:35AM GMT
Morris Pomroy? Merrill 1779-1874ish. Records burned in NY. Sorry no help. My great-grandfather was Mortimer E. Merrill born Rising Sun March 20,1848 and is the reason for my interest.

Rising Sun brothers

Posted: 3 Sep 2000 1:43PM GMT
I dont remember posting this message but Mortimore Merrill and my ggrandfather were brothers. Their father was Samuel Merrill and his father was Morris Merrill. They moved to Rising Sun in 1839.

Merrill brothers

Posted: 3 Sep 2000 1:56PM GMT
Forgot to tell you in my previous message. My g-grandfather was Walter Elias Merrill, brother to Mortimer Eugene Merrill. May I ask what your mother's name is?

Mortimer E. Merrill

Robert (View posts)
Posted: 7 Sep 2000 7:16PM GMT
My mothers name is Myrle May Merrill. Grandfathers name is Homer Troy Merrill married to Ada Mae Merrill. Both are deceased. If I am not mistaken Walter ended up in the New Mexico / West Texas area after the end of the Civil War.

Merrill brothers

Posted: 7 Sep 2000 7:39PM GMT
Yes, Mortimore and Walter met in Elizabeth Town NM after the war where they tried mining together. Mort went to Texas and Walter went to Silver City NM. They next met in Denton Tex where they met up with their cousin Sam Bass. The story went down hill from there. Do you know any of this story?
Carolyn
cjames@gilanet.com
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions