Search for content in message boards

Obit look up for Melvin E. NANNEN please?

Obit look up for Melvin E. NANNEN please?

Posted: 15 Apr 2007 11:15AM GMT
Classification: Query
I would like to locate an obit for Melvin E. NANNEN who died May 21, 2001.
Melvin was married to Phyllis HARMS and as far as I know, they had at least two children.
Tamara NANNEN
Daniel NANNEN
I would of course, like to know more about them and would like an obit.
I have no dates for Phyllis, his wife and would like to learn more about her.

Thank you,
my email is cbgenealogy@yahoo.com
Feel free to email me with information.
Cindy (o;

Re: Obit look up for Melvin E. NANNEN please?

Posted: 26 Apr 2007 5:16PM GMT
The Williamson County Sun did not have an obituary. If you are still seeking this information, please post the town he lived in.

Thank you.

Posted: 26 Apr 2007 7:29PM GMT
Surnames: Harms, Ommen, Krefting,Harsha, Joyce, Branson,Dusenberry, Anderson
I would like to locate an obit for Melvin E. NANNEN who died May 21, 2001. The town that Melvin lived in is Cedar Park, Williamson Co., Texsas
Melvin was married to Phyllis HARMS and as far as I know, they had at least two children.
Tamara NANNEN
Daniel NANNEN
I would of course, like to know more about them and would like an obit.
I have no dates for Phyllis, his wife and would like to learn more about her.

Thank you,
my email is cbgenealogy@yahoo.com
Feel free to email me with information.
Cindy (o;

Posted: 15 Sep 2013 3:08AM GMT
Melvin Nannen was my grandfather. What information are you looking for?

Posted: 16 Sep 2013 1:03PM GMT
Surnames: Nannen, Harms, Ommen
Thank you for responding. Melvins wife is my 2nd cousin 1x removed. I Phyllis is from my Ommen line. Since writing for an obituary for Melvin because I ran into a dead end with Phyllis I have found a birth date and death date and location for Melvin. I like to gather as much information as I can and try to get to know them the best that I can. I have no information for Phyllis. No marriage date. I have names of two children. I do not have Melivns parents names. If you can help me with information I would greatly appreciate it. :o) Thank you! Cindy. You can email me at cbgenealogy@yahoo.com

Posted: 16 Sep 2013 4:03PM GMT
If you have no info for Phyllis, how can you be certain of her lineage? Oh well, Melvin's obit published in The Peoria Star Journal on 25 May 2001. His parents were Harm Ernest Nannen (14 Jul 1901 - 17 Dec 1990) and Katie M. (nee: Riekena) Nannen (16 Apr 1910 - 15 Nov 1950). Katie was born Trientje Mefenda Riekena to Anna Dorothea Hammerich Riekena (23 Apr 1887 - 29 Jan 1955) and Behrend Riekena (9 Feb 1880 - 10 Jun 1918). All of these folks are buried in Peoria, IL. Melvin's paternal grandparents: Henry Ernest Nannen (4 Dec 1871 - 25 Dec 1942) and Reka Lohr Nannen (12 Oct 1876 - 7 Apr 1951). I logon daily but routinely bypass requests for obits preferring "research" instead. You've been seeking this for a long time and today is your day!(lol) Could Phyllis have roots in Wabash, IN?

Posted: 16 Sep 2013 5:49PM GMT
Don't bother responding regarding Phyllis, I've reviewed your earlier postings!

Posted: 16 Sep 2013 8:10PM GMT
Thank you,
I have information on Phylises family from census records and church records. I have no birth or death information for her. Her mother Theida Johanna Luwina OMMEN was born in Anchor Illinois. Her grandfather was my gr grandfathers brother. Her grandfather and family were on their way to Sunfield MI to see my gr grandparents with their family and was hit in Schoolcraft Michigan by a passanger train. I have court papers from that accident. They were all waved on across the tracks by workers then hit. Lots of history. Anyway, thank you for the information.

Posted: 16 Sep 2013 8:12PM GMT
Sorry for telling you some of Phyllis family history. I didn't see this post from you. I enjoy learning more about my ancesters than just names dates location. :o)
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions