Search for content in message boards

Greer family cemetery at Charity/ferrum, Va.

Greer family cemetery at Charity/ferrum, Va.

Posted: 7 Nov 2013 6:42AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Greet/Huffman
Has anybody heard or know where there is a Greer family cementary in Charity, Va. ? Suppose to be in Charity or Ferrum, Va. with zip code of 24088. I tried to find it on Find-a-grave and couldn't come up with anything.

Re: Greer family cemetery at Charity/ferrum, Va.

Posted: 17 Nov 2013 12:50AM GMT
Have you seen this link:
http://files.usgwarchives.net/va/franklin/cemeteries/cemlist...

You can call the Franklin County library in Rocky Mount and ask or call the Franklin county, Va historical society .Who in particular, are you looking for? I have a Franklin County cemetery book I can look in.
Shelley

Posted: 17 Nov 2013 12:39PM GMT
Thank You for responding. I am looking for Elizabeth Huffman Greer aka "Lizzie" wife of Joseph B. Greer. She died at NC Baptist hospital in Winston Salem on 13 Nov. 1962. Her son Samuel Greer who must have lived in Ferrum, Va. at that time was the informant of her death. Moody Funeral home in Stuart, Va. handled funeral arrangements. I have not contact the funeral home yet. Her son Samuel died at Thomasville, Davidson county, NC 4 Sept. 2005. His obit was published in Martinville, Va. bullentin. on 5 Sept. 2005. How can I get a copy of his obit?

I'm really trying to find this family cemetery to see if a Robert Benjamin Greer is also buried in same cem. or any more of her family. There seems to be many Greer cemeteries on Find-a-grave. I was able to print off Samuel's obit, which states that he was 94 when he died in 2005. Also states that he lived in Patrick county but died at Thomasville Medical Center. I figure if I can find or make contact with any of his family, I may be able to find out where his brother Robert Benjamin died and when and where he is buried. Is Hillsville or Woolwine in that same area? His obit states that he is buried in the Greer family cemetery in Charity.

Posted: 3 Jan 2014 4:39PM GMT
since our last contact on this board, I have made a contact with a member of Samuel Greer's family and she told me last evening that this Greer Cemetery is on Deer Run Rd. in Ferrum..said it is in a rural area..I plan to contact Moody Funeral Home because she confirmed that Mr. Moody buried a lot of her Father's family. She lives out of state 3 hrs. away from Ferrum..so can't go to that cemetery to record what relatives are buried there.

Maybe somebody will see this post and knows of this cemetery and respond.

Posted: 11 Jan 2014 8:50PM GMT
Surnames: Greer
Last evening I was put in touch with another Greer family member who told me that this Greer family graveyard is in the front yard and the house sits way back from the road. Is there anybody that lives in the community of Charity but the post office is Ferrum, Franklin county, Va.

If there is anybody who lives in that area that could help me document exactly who is buried there, please contact me at BESHENOUR@COMCAST.NET.

Posted: 12 Jan 2014 6:12PM GMT
Sorry, I did not find these names in my book. You can write the Martinsville library, aka Blue Ridge Regional Library on Church St, Martinsville, attn: Randy Glover and ask for obit. Send $1 and a SASE for each one if you have the date or at least a month and year.It does take them a bit of time to get to you as they seem busy.

I have almost two pages of Greers who are buried in Franklin County in my book but just not the above names. Have you tried calling the Bassett Historical Center for help? They have been very helpful to me in the past and only ask for donations for help. Here is the link; You would be very surprised at what they have on this area and these people!

http://www.bassetthistoricalcenter.com/index.php

Shelley

Posted: 12 Jan 2014 6:15PM GMT
If you would like copies of these pages , you can email me privately at:

shelleyatsuperpets@sbcglobal.net and I can scan them in and send them to you.
Shelley
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions