Search for content in message boards

PEARSON

Posted: 1 Apr 2006 10:40PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: PEARSON
I am just returning to my family history research after a long absence. I would like to construct a family tree for PEARSON.

My Pearsons are numerous and cover a lot of Pearson family groups based in Australia, England & a limited number in America. As yet I have not connected these groups but it is my aim to do so.

I would be pleased to receive enquiries from anyone researching this name. It is possible I may have details for ancestors which may be connected to theirs.

It is my ultimate aim to have a worldwide family tree for all people of the PEARSON name. I would appreciate any family tree information from anyone in the world who shares this same name within their families as I hope to make connections with them all.

If anyone wishes to send me information, either a Gedcom or a file attached to an email would be very welcome. I would be quite happy to send anyone who requests it all the information I have in return. I run Legacy 6 as a genealogy programme on my computer.

Thanks for your assistance, everyone. .

Re: PEARSON

Posted: 7 Apr 2006 1:05AM GMT
Hi my grandparents were Robert and Mary Ellen Pearson ,Roberts father was Hiram married to another Mary,Robert was boen inSaddleworth or Skipton,lived in Bradford and suburbs,he had five children my mum ADA,FRED,FLORENCE,ETHEL and ARNOLD. ROBERT was born in 1870.dont suppose all this means much but just thought it was worth a try,Carol in Australia,born in Blackpool,uk.
Posted: 2 Jul 2006 5:19AM GMT
Hi from Australia....
Richard Pearson b. 20 Apr 1794 married Mary McElhinney and came from Letterkenny, Donegal, Ireland and settled in Armidale, NSW, Australia. They had 10 Children...Henry (my Great Grand Father), Robert, Elizabeth, Mary, Jane, Andrew, Rebecca, Richard, John & William. The last two died on the ship coming to Australia.

Let me know if you have any connection with this family. Thanks

Re: PEARSONs of FL/GA

Posted: 11 Jul 2006 12:10AM GMT
Edited: 8 Aug 2006 12:47AM GMT
Surnames: Pearson, Tanner, Ford, Tipper, Youngblood
Hello, I'm not sure if we're connected, but perhaps you can tell me?! :-) I have quite a large gedcom file of my family if you'd like to have it. (Please send me your email address) Here's a list of my direct grandparents:
Me: Sherri Pearson (FL)
Father: Kenneth Edward Pearson (FL)
Grandfather: James (NMN) Pearson (GA/FL)
G-Grandfather: James Emmanuel Pearson (GA)
G-G-Grandfather: Charlie Pearson (unknown- told he jumped from a boat and swam ashore somewhere in the GA/NC/SC vicinity. Not sure if this is real or family legend) Any help is appreciated, and if you'd like my gedcom I'm pleased to send it to you :-)

Posted: 2 Jul 2007 7:19AM GMT
Surnames: Pearson, Firth
I am a Pearson and have just started on my family tree. The one branch I have very little on is the Pearson name.

As the family is estranged from my father and he was estranged from his brother (Graham)and sister(Dianne) - there is no verbal history available.

I will tell you what I know about us (it is also a public tree on this site):

I am Kathryn Elizabeth Pearson
My father was Lance Edwin Pearson b: 29 Dec 1945 and my grandfather was Rueben Henry Pearson (dates unknown). He was married to Olive Grace Firth and lived in Nanango, Qld. Nan (Olive) was born and died in Nanango. I don't know about Grandad - he died I believe in Nanango when I was still quite young so sometime in the late 70's, early 80's.

I'd be interested to see if there is any link.

Thanks

KP

Posted: 26 Sep 2007 2:55PM GMT
Surnames: PEARSON
Hi,I come from a long line of Pearson's dating from
(1787 to 1938 ).

As an example I have Thomas (1805) Northumberland.

George (1855)
George (1888)
George (1914) "
George (1938 South shields

Posted: 27 Sep 2007 3:17PM GMT
Where Is your Thomas Northumberland from?

I have Pearsons from England and Prince William County,Virginia and have a Northumberland b. 1775 in England, son of William George and Jane. But only have 2 of his 5(?) children identfied. a Joseph and Lewis, but no dates or other info. My line is through one of his brothers. His siblings included Cumberland, Margaret, Martin, Mary, Asa, William George Jr, Watson,Stephen, George Washington, Whittington, Craven, Lucinda and John. Any connections?

thanks

Posted: 11 Oct 2007 4:49AM GMT
I have recently found that the maiden name of my 4th great grandmother was Hannah Pearson, born 1757? and married to quartermaster Thomas Laycock. Both lived in Australia and died in Aust. I was wondering if that was the same pearson family as yours. Please contact me if you think it might be.

Posted: 11 Oct 2007 7:08AM GMT
Surnames: pearson
hi i come from pearson as well
wondered if you can help or have info maybe on them at all.

edith may pearson born 1894 bonham tx
died 1946 haskell co okla

father: thomas f pearson born: 1857 springfield mo
died 1931 pittsburg co okla

his father: george pearson born: 1814 ohio
died bef 1880 wright co mo

his father: jeremiah pierson/pearson born:1787 maryland
died 1857 wright co mo

would like to no who they r related to in maryland and further back

ty

Posted: 8 Nov 2007 9:27AM GMT
Surnames: Pearson
I have Pearson people here in Australia, my great Grandfather came from Tadcaster Yorkshire England. He came to Australia in the mid 1800's.
Barry
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions