Obit Earl PENNINGTON 7-9-2003

Obit Earl PENNINGTON 7-9-2003

Posted: 9 Jul 2003 9:55AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 30 Jan 2004 8:55AM GMT
Surnames: Pennington, Pigg
July 9, 2003 Journal News, Hamilton, Ohio

Earl Pennington

Earl Pennington, age 84, died quietly Sunday, July 6, 2003 at 7:42 p.m. at University of Kentucky Medical Center, Critical Care Unit after a fall that happened on Friday, July 4th, resulting in a cerebral hemorrhage.

Earl was born in Pittsburg, [Laurel County], Kentucky, March 13, 1919, one of eleven children. He was the son of James Pennington and Ella Mae (Pigg) Pennington. He was preceded in death by Elmer Pennington, Carl Pennington, Vince Pennington, Walter Pennington, Thelma Buckner, Zola Miller, and Elizabeth Belher.

Earl’s family moved to his adopted hometown of London, Kentucky, where he enjoyed his younger years and attended school. In 1940, he enlisted in the United States Navy. On August 17, 1940, he married his high school sweetheart Ethel Marie Medley. They remained happily married for 52 years until her passing on November 16, 1992.

Earl and Ethel had two children Carolyn and Earlene. Earl and Ethel moved to Cincinnati where Earl took a job as a barber. In 1967 the couple moved to Bellevue, Kentucky, where Earl ran his barber shop at the corner of Washington and Center Streets, where he made countless friends. His shop was the local gathering place and Earl loved it.

Earl took a job with the US Postal Service running a mail delivery route in 1974. He and Ethel moved to Hamilton in 1974 where they lived happily until Ethel’s passing in 1992. Earl then moved back to his hometown of London, Kentucky and then in 1994 married Alfie Parton. Alfie had lost her first love to cancer.

Earl was an avid gardener who gave freely of his harvest to his family and friends. He took his gardening very seriously and was very proud of his tomatoes, cucumbers, corn and all of the vegetables.

Earl is survived by his daughter, Carolyn Gentry and her husband Jim; granddaughter, Terry; grandson, Jimmy and his wife Michelle; and great-granddaughter Brittany. He is also survived by his daughter, Earlene Schulte and her husband Scott; granddaughter Kasie Dearforff; grandson Tobias Deardorff; grand daughters-in-law Samantha Schulte and Megan Schulte, all of Hamilton. Earl is also survived by Johnny Pennington, Alma Morgan and Geneva Mooney all of London, Kentucky. Earl also leaves hundreds of dear life-long friends that he would also call his family.

Earl was a stellar father, grandfather, father-in-law, and a hard-working humble servant of God. Earl will be greatly missed, but the precious seeds of his love, humor, wit, and wisdom will grow and prosper in the hearts and dreams of his family and his many good friends.

A visitation will be held at House-Rawlings Funeral Home, London, Kentucky, Today, Wednesday, July 9, 2003 from 5:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. A funeral service will also be held at House-Rawlings Funeral Home on Thursday at 11:00 a.m.

Local funeral services will be 10:00 a.m. Friday, July 11, 2003 at the Avance Funeral Home & Crematory, 4976 Winton Rd., Fairfield. Entombment will follow at Rose Hill Burial Park. Visitation will be 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. Thursday at the funeral home.

Re: Obit Earl PENNINGTON 7-9-2003

Posted: 20 Aug 2003 12:39PM GMT
Edited: 3 Sep 2003 11:23PM GMT
Surnames: Pigg, Pinnington
I love to here frome the Pennington & Pigg my family marred in the Pennington & Pigg Ball & Murray
Edith Ball sextoncreek Ky clay co

GALE EDEN (View posts)
Posted: 15 Oct 2003 4:07PM GMT
hi i am gale eden..my mother is edith pennington..her parents were arthur and betty pennington..i remember going with my grandmother to clay co, ky to see family...we called her mommy ball...my mother married clyde bolton..they live in lancaster, ky now...she almost died in jan of this year with kidney failure.....i live in lancaster ky also..mom and dad have 5 kids...peggy ann bolton eden, me--vickie gale bolton eden (we married brothers)..leticia faye bolton turner, barbara dean bolton turner ( they married brothers) and tammy earl bolton eden ( a cousin to eden brothers)...thank you gale eden

Posted: 15 Oct 2003 7:52PM GMT
Edited: 20 Jun 2004 7:09PM GMT
Surnames: Allen, Ball
Gell i love for you to email me you are my cousin on the Ball & Allen & Murray thank Edith Ball byrdball@aol.com
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions