Surnames: Williams Price
Only notes available:
1850 Hancock County Illinois, page 430
Samuel Williams age 44 m Farmer Kentucky
Anny age 41 f Ohio
Andrew J. age 18 m Ohio
Malinda age 9 f Illinois
Martin V. age 7 m Missouri
Irin? Inez? V. age 5 f Missouri (hard to read)

1860 Izard County Arkansas, Richwoods Twp. page 152 11th September 1860
Samuel Brown age 48 m Christian Minister $4000 $285 North Carolina
Delilah age 45 f Domestic Tennessee
Nancy A. Williams age 50 f Domestic Ohio
Jackson " age 25 m Farm laborer Missouri
Samuel " age 10 m Illinois
Benjamin Reynolds age 25 m Farmer $40 Tennessee
Susan P. May age 19 f Domestic $125 Alabama
Webster May age 6 m Arkansas

Believe son of Samuel, Andrew Jackson Williams, is my gr-great grandfather, who came to Arkansas with mother Nancy Ann and younger brother Samuel. Andrew Jackson Williams married Elizabeth Janie Price in Izard Co. Arkansas and named his sons John Welsley Williams 1868 (my great grandfather), Martin Van Buren 1878, and Samuel 1885, all born in Arkansas. These were also names of his brothers, and father Samuel. Also suspect Samuel Sr. in Illinois was related to family of Wesley Williams?

Does anyone know this family? I have all the rest after 1860.

Re: Samuel Williams, born 1806 Kentucky

D Langley (View posts)
Posted: 28 Apr 2006 1:13AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: LANGLEY, THURBER, THOMPSON, TORR, REED, CARTER, DAVIS, NAYLOR, MEEK
Hi,
I wondered if you have any Williams in Spencer County IN. I have Eli Langley m Elizabeth Williams.

Any Elizabeth's or Langley's in your clan?

Barbara T. Claiborne (View posts)
Posted: 28 Apr 2006 10:50AM GMT
Surnames: Williams
No. I don't believe my Williams were ever through that way, unless it was on the way from Kentucky where Samuel was born, to Ohio where wife Nancy Ann and first son Andrew Jackson were from, to Illinois long enough to have Malinda, to Missouri where Martin V. and dau. Inis were born, back to Illinois to have Samuel Jr. and then to Arkansas. Of course there could have been more children. This is what I have from 1850 Hancock; by 1860 Nancy A. was widowed and with sons Jackson and Samuel in Izard Co. Arkansas. It is hard to track these folks, as the children later don't seem to have known where they were born or where they were living -
understandable with so much traveling. Sorry I can't help at this point. Barbara Claiborne

D Langley (View posts)
Posted: 28 Apr 2006 3:20PM GMT
Surnames: LANGLEY, THURBER, THOMPSON, TORR, REED, CARTER, DAVIS, NAYLOR, MEEK
I understand completely... It wasn't until recently that I discovered our Langley's were most likely in Ohio, Arkansas, and for sure in Missouri. Loose connections on OH so far, but feel pretty sure eventually I'll find a closer connection. Just takes time.

Thanks for responding.

Posted: 28 Aug 2009 1:25AM GMT
Surnames: Williams
Andrew Jackson Williams is my great-grandfather and would like to discover more on his father, Samuel, and the siblings mentioned in the 1850 census: Malinda, Martin V., and Irin? (perhaps Irene?). Have much information after 1860 when Andrew Jackson and mother Nancy and brother Samuel were found in Izard Co., AR census in the household of Samuel Brown.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions