Search for content in message boards

Passenger arrival records for Czech immigrants to Vernon County

Passenger arrival records for Czech immigrants to Vernon County

Posted: 2 Oct 2010 5:45PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 12 Sep 2012 2:26PM GMT

I have begun a register of passenger arrival records in New York City and Baltimore for Czech/Bohemian immigrants to Vernon County, Wisconsin, and a few to adjacent counties.

The open-to-the-public, live list is on Google Docs at:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AikFtp7Tp3KvdEp...

If you let me know of other arrivals with a reply to this post, I will add them to the list.

Re: Passenger arrival records for Czech immigrants to Vernon County

Posted: 16 Dec 2010 6:11AM GMT
I have a created new, more complete passenger arrival list of Czech immigrants to Vernon and adjacent counties (Richland, Sauk, Juneau, and Monroe) at:

Green highlighting means an arrival record has been found for the known immigrant, blue means no arrival record found yet, and red means a possible match has been found but not verified.

There are about 560 arrival records for over 900 known Czech immigrants.

Any help on finding arrival records for the ones in blue would be greatly appreciated.

Posted: 17 Dec 2010 3:48PM GMT
Passenger list data shows the Chlup family arriving in Baltimore aboard the Leipzig steamship 3 June 1870. Josef was #408 on the list, followed by Anna, Franz [German clerk doing the recording?] age 6, and Martin age ~4/12. Person #412 on this ship’s roster was my great-grandfather, Matej Sebranek, of Bukonina. Josef Chlup settled near Dilly while my G-grandfather wound up in Union Twp. west of Yuba. Person #407 on the list was a Wenzl (sic) Novy, age 34, but I cannot place him near Yuba/Hillsboro.

Posted: 19 Dec 2010 10:52PM GMT
Thank you for the line numbers for the Chlup family and especially for the info on Matej Sebranek which was a new match to add to the "immigrant register" on Google docs. Arrivals for single men travelling without family of same surname are the hardest to find.

I'm focusing on finding arrival records now, but plan to go back and add columns for place of origin in Bohemia or Moravia with source notes.

I've moved the arrival date and ship name columns to the left of the immigrant register so they are easier to read with the immigrant's name.

Posted: 13 Nov 2011 1:47PM GMT
Hi Richard I tried to look at your google doc about Vernon, Richland, Junea county Czechs and it says I need permission to view it. I am signed in with a google account.

I remember viewing your files about a year ago and I am related to most of the people on your lists.

Also wonder how I can see "A Growing Record of Mostly Czech Immigrants to Vernon, Richland, and Juneau Counties".

Thanks
Dan U

Posted: 17 Nov 2011 5:41PM GMT
Hi Dan, thanks for letting me know about the broken link. I was doing some housekeeping on my files a couple of months ago and should have left a copy in my gmail account. Here is a link to the latest file:

Also, I'll post a copy of my tree on Ancestry.com over to Rootsweb.com and let you know when it's there.

Richard Greenough

Rootsweb tree: A Growing Record of Mostly Czech Immigrants to Vernon County, Wisconsin, and adjacent areas

Posted: 17 Nov 2011 7:26PM GMT
Edited: 23 Nov 2011 1:51AM GMT

I've posted a public copy of my Ancestry.com "Czechs to Vernon" tree on Rootsweb at:

http://wc.rootsweb.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?op=SRCH&...

Click on a letter there to view surnames.

Re: Rootsweb tree: A Growing Record of Mostly Czech Immigrants to Vernon County, Wisconsin, and adjacent areas

Posted: 17 Dec 2011 12:53PM GMT
Thank you Richard!!!

Dan

Posted: 12 Sep 2012 2:34PM GMT
Classification: Immigration
Edited: 12 Sep 2012 2:34PM GMT
Links to my Czechs to Vernon Immigrant Register have been updated throughout this thread to :

Google's recent move to Google Drive changed the link. The link is public -- no need to be a Google member and no need to sign in to a Google account.

In the Immigrant Register, passenger arrival records that have been found are colored green. Ones that have not been found are colored blue. Ones that might be a match are colored red. Cross references to variant spellings are colored orange.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions