Search for content in message boards

Ehrlich family - Kolbuszowa

Ehrlich family - Kolbuszowa

Jacques Ehrlich (View posts)
Posted: 15 Aug 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: EHRLICH, GELDZEHLER, WEINRIB
Looking for data on ascendants of: Jaalov EHRLICH and Taube GELDZEHLER, and of Osias EHRLICH 9.3.1868 in Kolbuszowa and Hadassa WEINRIB 1860 in Barnow.
Thanks.

GELDZEHLER

P. Nash (View posts)
Posted: 29 Sep 1999 12:00PM GMT
My family is Geltzeiler. My Grandfather changed the name to Nash in 1925. I've been looking into the Geltzeiler side of the house for about a year and found that there are different variations of the name e.g. Geldziler, Geldzahler etc. I know very little about the family history except that my Great Grandfathers name was Abraham Geltzeiler and that he came from Galacia, Poland. I was always told that all the variations in the names were related.

Weinrib family: Lewis,Anna,Harry

Karen Weinrib Murphy (View posts)
Posted: 18 Nov 2000 12:00PM GMT
Do you have any knowledge of Weinribs that would have come from Poland or Russia thru Canada to USA, settling in New York City and Bangor, Maine, and New Haven CT?

Lewis Weinrib Married Mina Rachel Levy Goldstein in Bangor, Maine February 1, 1910. They had 3 children, Marvin,Anna, Harry.

Thank you
Posted: 19 Jun 2002 3:49PM GMT
Surnames: Geldzahler
I have lots of information about the Geldzahler families from Poland. Please e-mail me at my home jparr18@comcast.net and I will e-mail you my trees on Sunday when I return from NY.

Cynthia Parr

Re: GELDZAHLER/GELTZEILER

Posted: 13 Jun 2005 9:50PM GMT
Surnames: Lehner,Geltzeiler, Geldzahler,Geldzeiler
I am a decendant of geldzahler and there are many geldzahlers and geltzeilers in my family. I have done a family tree with hundreds of names on it. Interested in helping or getting help.

Re: GELDZEHLER

Posted: 5 May 2009 2:42AM GMT
Surnames: GELDZAHLER EL BEZ NUSSBAUM
Hi Cynthia,
you sent me YEARS ago a family tree genealogy about the Geldzahler's family by my parent's house in Belgium. Please come back to me as i have more information to share!

EL BEZ - GELDZAHLER.

Re: GELDZAHLER/GELTZEILER

Posted: 5 May 2009 2:44AM GMT
Surnames: GELDZAHLER EL BEZ NUSSBAUM Teitelbaum
Hi,
me too I am a descendant of Avraham Geldzahler. if you want more info... here I am :)

Re: GELDZEHLER

Posted: 6 Sep 2010 9:20PM GMT
Surnames: Geldzeiler, Fertig
Looking for info on Libe Geldzeiler who married Aaron Fertig and emigrated with 2 daughters, Lena and Anna, to NYC.
thanks,
Fiona

Abe Weinrib - Holocaust survivor - Poland to Ohio

Posted: 9 Dec 2012 3:43PM GMT
Classification: Biography
Edited: 9 Dec 2012 3:49PM GMT
Not related but hope this may help someone.

COLUMBUS (AP) — The start of Hanukkah Saturday night will have special meaning for a Holocaust survivor who turns 100 next week in Ohio.

Abe Weinrib was selected to light the first candle on a 13-foot public menorah at Easton Town Center in Columbus Saturday evening.
Hanukkah runs through sundown Dec. 16, 2012.

Weinrib tells The Columbus Dispatch that it was a miracle that he survived the Holocaust, the Nazi campaign to eliminate Jews in Europe.

Weinrib was in his 20s working in Polish factories owned by his uncle when he was arrested. He spent six years imprisoned in camps, including the notorious Auschwitz.

Hanukkah commemorates the reclamation by the Maccabees of the Second Jewish Temple after it was desecrated by Syrian Greeks in the second century B.C.

through sundown on Dec. 16.

"He's lighting a candle of hope, of love and of meaning," said Rabbi Areyah Kaltmann of the Lori Schottenstein Chabad Center in New Albany, which sponsors the Easton menorah lighting and another in Bexley on Tuesday. "He is the flame. His life and Hanukkah are synonymous."

Weinrib was in his 20s, working in Polish factories owned by his wealthy industrialist uncle, when he was arrested and beaten repeatedly by Nazi police who believed that he knew where his uncle might have hidden gold, silver and diamonds.

He remembers giving a portion of his bread to other prisoners, having a job dragging corpses to ditches and seeing then-Gen. Dwight D. Eisenhower cry over the carnage.

He was at the Bergen-Belsen camp in Germany when it was liberated in 1945 by British forces. Near death with typhus, he was sent to Sweden to recover.

Weinrib met his wife and fellow Holocaust survivor, Anna, in Sweden. They married and had three children, moving to Columbus in the 1950s. Anna died in 1979.

For years, Weinrib has shared his story with students at Ohio State University, Capital University, Olentangy Liberty High School and other locations.

"Rather than blowing out 100 candles, he'd rather light one candle representing kindness and good deeds," Kaltmann said. "He wants this to be the way he ushers in his next century. He knows that every day he is alive is a blessing."

___

Information from: The Columbus Dispatch, http://www.dispatch.co

Re: Weinrib family: Lewis,Anna,Harry

Posted: 3 Aug 2014 11:47PM GMT
I have a great grandfather named Jacob Weinrib who came from Russia. Does that fit into your family tree? He had two sisters: Jennie and Anna.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions