HARMS

HARMS burials

Posted: 25 Nov 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 27 Jun 2001 5:28PM GMT
Surnames: HARMS
Hello,
In the Riverside Cemetery, Township of Hixon, Clark, Village of Withee:
HARMS, Mother Jessie P. 1866-1923; HARMS, Father Robert 1859-1939.
Also listed in another section of this cemetery are Myreeah A. Harms, Fern T. Harms, and Mary M. Harms buried next to one another.

HARMS

Cindy Horrace (View posts)
Posted: 25 Nov 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: HARMS, KUTERACH
Looking for ANY information regarding Frederick HARMS and/or son Robert who lived in Owen and Witree areas. Robert was living here during the 1930's and other than that don't have very much info so anything would be appreciated.

RIVERSIDE CEMETARY

CINDY HORRACE (View posts)
Posted: 26 Nov 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: HARMS
Thank you thank you for the information on the HARMS family in Riverside Cemetary. Since we have so very little information on this family this is invaluable!!
Posted: 28 Sep 2002 9:11PM GMT
Don't know if you're still looking but, there's a Robert Harms in my family tree, except he is younger so may be a son or grandson. Here's what I have.
Fern David Harms (notes = Fern David Harms, Machinists Mate 3-C of the Navy, son of Mr and Mrs Fern T Harms of Owen received his honorable discharge from the Navy at Great Lakes Il on 12-3-45. He entered Navy service at Great Lakes 5-20-43, received his basic training there & later was assigned to the USS Pollux. He shipped out 8-10-43 & was aboard that ship in the South Pacific until he received his discharge. He is entitled to wear the Victory Medal, the Asiatic-Pacific Campaign robbin, the American Area Campaign ribbon, & the Philippine Liberation ribbon. His wife, Verna, met him in Milwaukee on his return. She has been making her home with her parents Mr & Mrs Leo Bredesen. He was employed at the Western Condensery at Owen.) married
Verna Marie Bredesen (b 11-2-1925) (notes = Per Olga Martin's (Jeanette BREDESON Johnson's sister) letter of 1-20-72, Verna was in the Clark Co Hospital and had lost her mind. Eileen BREDESEN Dunn also states in letter in 1971 that Verna was hospitalized.)
Children
Robert David Harms
Ray Harms
Sharlee Harms

My link is to Verna. There were 6 Bredesen girls born of Leo & Mabel Bredesen. Leo was my grandmother's brother. They were all from the Greenwood area, but fanned out some. If you are interested in more, let me know.
Posted: 6 Dec 2002 11:49PM GMT
Edited: 10 Dec 2002 2:55AM GMT
Surnames: Harms, Detrick, Allen
Janice-
I am a decendant of Fern T. Harms. I would like any information you have on Fern David's wife Verna, and their children. Please contact me at lindaking1970@charter.net. Thank you,
Linda

Re: HARMS

Posted: 5 Sep 2012 1:26AM GMT
It is interesting to see what people think they know. Verna did not "lose" her mind & to say she did is being ill informed. She lived her life supporting her daughter with a reputable job. Verna did very well for herself & I believe putting this on the internet is very disrespectful to her family. Do not ever state she "lost" her mind. You are misinformed & do not know this family.
Posted: 23 Sep 2012 12:15AM GMT
I have never had a tree on Ancestry or any other website for that matter so I don't know where you saw it. I do have a Family Tree Maker tree using FTM software on my home computer but that's all. I did post my notes on Verna in response to an inquiry from an ancestry user in 2002. What I wrote was taken directly from the letter from Olga Martin's letter as it states in the post. I am sorry that the information was incorrect. Jan
per page

Find a board about a specific topic