Search for content in message boards

Edward Martineau, b. 1856 NY>MT in 1889--Biography

Edward Martineau, b. 1856 NY>MT in 1889--Biography

Posted: 19 Nov 2005 6:07AM GMT
Classification: Biography
Edward Martineau's biography is included in "Progressive Men of the State of Montana", pages 1725 & 1726.

http://www.lib.umt.edu/gsdl/cgi-bin/library.exe?e=d-000-00--...

Re: Edward Martineau, b. 1856 NY>MT in 1889--Biography

Jennifer Guarino (View posts)
Posted: 19 Nov 2005 2:29PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Martineau
Thanks very much, Carole. This person is my great-grandfather, Oliver Martineau's, brother.

I have been trying to find more information on their parents, Joseph and Louisa. Have you had any better luck?

Have we corresponded before?

Maurice Martineau (View posts)
Posted: 1 Dec 2005 6:41PM GMT
I would like to know if somebody know the surname of the mother of Edward Martineau? Joseph Martineau and Louisa???

Merci!!

Jennifer Payne Guarino (View posts)
Posted: 1 Dec 2005 7:37PM GMT
Surnames: Martineau, Labombarde, Bouchard, Labonte, Labounty
Hello Maurice,

I have been trying to figure that out, as well. I am a descendant of Edward's brother, Oliver, and have been researching the line for a while with little luck about the Louisa's last name.

On their son's death certificate, Louisa's last name is reported as: Louisa Bouchard.

However, on baptismals of Joseph and Louisa's children (St. John the Baptist Roman Catholic Church in Keeseville, NY), and on census records, Louisa's name is reported with many different spellings, such as: Aloysia, Louise, Louisa and Eliza(?) - Labombarde/Bombard/LeBombard/Labombarde

There are intermarriages of Labombard, Martineau and Labonte/Labounty in Black Brook, Clinton County, NY, where there families lived for a time.

Let me know if that helps.

I'd be interested in knowing if Labombarde and Bouchard have any "dit" connections and if, in fact, the reporter or recorder of the death certificate made a mistake.

Maurice Martineau (View posts)
Posted: 6 Dec 2005 6:18PM GMT
Bonjour Jennifer,
I have many data on Martineau and I do not arrive has to find the parents of this couple Joseph Martineau and Louisa Bouchard. I have also the couple Joseph Martineau and Louise Labombarde of the area of Keeseville, NY with 4 children baptized in St-Jean-Baptiste. You say that these two couples Joseph-Louise Bouchard and Joseph-Louise Labombarde would be in fact only one couple?
In the first names qiven for the children, it there of two who appear in the two families: Exilda born in 1863 and Louisa born in 1865.
Thank you for the answer!! If I find another thing, I will inform you... Maurice

John Muller (View posts)
Posted: 23 May 2006 4:55AM GMT
Surnames: Martineau, Labouchere, Wright,
Hello,

As near as I can tell the Martineau branch that I belong to came from Quebec around the turn of the century. They settled in New York before eventually going to Montana and then Washington.

Joseph Martineau 1821-1885
Edward Martineau 1856-1921
Edward Martineau 1882-1946
Edna Martineau 1904-1968

So if anyone has any additional information they'd like to share I'd certainly appreciate it.

Jennifer Payne Guarino (View posts)
Posted: 23 May 2006 1:02PM GMT
Surnames: Martineau, Labounty
Hi John,

Over the past several years, I've been compiling information for a book I've been writing primarily about Edward's brother, Oliver Martineau, and family, of Tupper Lake, NY. The information re: Edward and his father, found in the Montana biography has been a welcome addition.

I am interested in sharing more info regarding our mutual family over this summer. Let's be in touch.

Posted: 25 Nov 2008 5:02PM GMT
Hi John:

Are you the same John Muller with the missing links in Los Angeles and a "Lucy"?
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions