Search for content in message boards

Passenger list--Malmo, Sweden to England

Passenger list--Malmo, Sweden to England

Posted: 28 Dec 2012 7:08PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Carlson
I'm looking for the passenger lists for ships departing Malmo, Sweden for England in the summer months of 1904--most likely July. My g-g-grandfather Ola Carlson (Carlsson/ Karlson) and his sons departed Liverpool, England for Boston on the Ivernia on July 19th. I have not been able to find a record of what ship they took from Malmo, Sweden to England, however. The only records of ships manifests from Sweden I have located are from Gotenborg and I'm about 95% sure they left from Malmo. I have heard that these records are available, but I have no idea how to find them. If anyone knows how to access these records, I would appreciate your help. Thanks!

Re: Passenger list--Malmo, Sweden to England

Posted: 10 Mar 2013 12:34PM GMT
Not an answer to your actual request.
And you may already have this.

https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/TH-1942-24480-18650-86...
Image 380.
What happened to Cecilia?

I would also like to find passenger lists for people leaving Sweden for the UK prior to the crossing.

Posted: 11 Mar 2013 6:51PM GMT
I do already have that record, actually. Cecilia was turned back because of trachoma, so she eventually took another ship into New York City and was reunited with her family in the States.

Posted: 14 Mar 2013 10:51PM GMT
The ship from Malmo was called Argo the agent was Cunards lines J Oscar Reis from Gothenborg, throu Petersson in Malmo.
There were those passengers
Ola Carlsson 49y
Cecilia Carlsson 41y
Nils H 13y
Axel Hj 11y
Wictor E 8y
Oscar J 2y
Svante H 6y
Anders J Olsson 17y
All of them came from Limhamn, they attand to go to jamestown, NY

This is from a record from Genline for Malmo Poliskammare, utflyttning 1904-1904, pic 297 of 454.
Maybe you can reach this throu Ancestry?

Posted: 14 Mar 2013 10:53PM GMT
Sorry, I forgot to tell you the date, they left Malmo 12th of July 1904.

Posted: 2 Sep 2013 12:45AM GMT
Ola carlsson is also MY ggg grandfather. Do you have information on his parents?

Posted: 2 Sep 2013 3:00AM GMT
I don't have records of his parents yet. I spent most of my time researching his wife Cecilia, actually. My family may have some more information that was given to us from relatives in Sweden--church records, etc. The last time I looked at it I wasn't examining it for information on Ola, but I will do so now. :) How are you related to Ola? My family is descended from the eldest, Nels. Feel free to message me!
per page

Find a board about a specific topic