Search for content in message boards

Just throwing this out there...

Just throwing this out there...

Posted: 14 Nov 2010 1:20PM GMT
Classification: Cemetery
Hi!
Since I couldn't find a link to Mondovi, WI or Buffalo County I'm going to post this on Eau Claire's board.

I troll through the Mondovi and Eau Claire cemeteries on a semi-regular basis. (I keep finding more cousins!) I can take photos of headstones for anyone who asks. I just need a surname and a rough idea of which cemetery you need. This is an open invitation with no time limit and any religion. I can go as far down as Independence and as far north as Chippewa Falls. Feel free to contact me on Ancestry if you have any questions or a request.

Amanda

Re: Just throwing this out there...

Posted: 14 Nov 2010 7:34PM GMT
Classification: Query
If you spend a great deal of time at these cemeteries, you might want to post listings and photos here:
http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=abr

Posted: 15 Nov 2010 5:29AM GMT
Classification: Cemetery
@ tdowling
Thanks for the heads up about the website. (2 years on ancestry and I actually hadn't heard of it.) I was referring to grave sites that are in smaller "lost" cemeteries, or family only plots down dirt road with no names listed for the cemeteries. Most of the time the churches and records don't exist any more either. I've come across several that were in a terrible state of neglect. Weeds taller than the stones, vandalized sites, etc. I think I'll go map some of these when the weather gets nice again. No one deserves to be forgotten.
Amanda

Posted: 30 Nov 2010 6:09PM GMT
Do you ever get over by Augusta, or is that too far for you? I'm not real familiar with the area up there.

Posted: 1 Dec 2010 1:52AM GMT
I can go by Augusta if you need me to. I won't be doing much outside until the weather gets warmer, but I am making a list of places to visit. Did you have somewhere specific in mind?

Amanda

Posted: 1 Dec 2010 5:53PM GMT
No, I don't have a specific place yet. I wish I did, it would be so helpful. This side of my family is full of mysteries. All I know is that their farm was in Bridge Creek township by Augusta and they were Catholic. I'm mainly trying to find out the date my great-great grandmother died, so I can look up her obituary and maybe find out what happened to the rest of the family. So I'll keep digging around and if I'm able to come up with a specific cemetery I'll let you know.
Thanks!
Laura

Posted: 1 Dec 2010 8:47PM GMT

Posted: 14 Sep 2012 4:03PM GMT
I will confirm that there are many of those hidden burial sites on Find A Grave and, if you know of one that isn't there, you should add it. I have adopted an older cemetery in my town and, along with others, are getting it fully photographed. When you create your profile, you can volunteer to take photos in your area. As someone who has worked it both as a photographer AND as a family member searching for a headstone, it is WONDERFUL. You are needed.\ if you haven't already done it. I know your post is old but maybe someone else will find this important.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic