Search for content in message boards

John NEAL.... was a farmer, and a veteran of the Revolution, who came from Virginia in 1796

John NEAL.... was a farmer, and a veteran of the Revolution, who came from Virginia in 1796

Posted: 28 Dec 2006 3:39AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: NEAL, NEILL, NEALE
Hello,

I am looking for information on John NEALE, son of Charles NEALE and brother of Micajah Neale. I am hoping he is part of my line. My gggg -grandfather was John NEAL, who had a son named Fielding NEAL. Fielding was a very common name in this family. Charles had the following Children, Micajah, John, Fielding, Mary, Lucy, and Sarah. Both Charles and Micajah had a son named Fielding and both traveled to Kentucky. I am hoping their brother (JOHN) did as well. The only reference I have of my John is....

In the History of Kentucky, Volume 6 by PERRIN it had: "Marshall NEAL is a native of Oldham County, and was born November 9, 1830. Fielding NEAL, his father, was also a native of Oldham County, and married Miss Maria MARSHALL (married 1820 in Shelby Co, KY), of Woodford County. John NEAL, the grandfather of Marshall NEAL, was a farmer, and a veteran of the Revolution, who came from Virginia in 1796 and located in Woodford County, Ky., moved to Jefferson and finally settled in Oldham County...."

Fielding (b. ? died sometime before 1844) and Mariah had the following children: - FIELDING and MARIA lived in SHELBY CO, KY. However I believe that when OLDHAM was created, part of the county of SHELBY in which they lived became part of OLDHAM (burial is unknown)
Elizabeth
George
Martha Ann
Mary
Naomia
Marshall (my great-great grandfather) (1830-1905)

Marshall was married three times and had the following children: (Marshall and all three wifes were from OLDHAM - buried in Pleasant Hill Cemetery off Hwy 22 in Oldham)

Wife 1: Martha Agness LONG (1832-1855)
Sara Francis NEAL
Margaret Ann NEAL

Wife 2: Sister of Martha - Pamela Amelia LONG (1839-1866)
Mary Ella NEAL
David NEAL
ALice Belle NEAL
Sarah Mildred NEAL
Robert Fielding NEAL
Thomas Marshall NEAL
William Columbus NEAL
James Neuton NEAL (my great grandfather: 1867-1949)

Wife 3: Nannie ARNOLD (1836-1920)
Fannie Lou NEAL
John Calvin NEAL
Richard Perry NEAL

James Neuton NEAL married Mattie Belle DOAK in 1890 and had the following Children: (buried at Mount Tabor Cemetery off Hwy 22 in Oldham)
Roy Freeman NEAL
James Marshall NEAL (My grandfather: 1894 - 1985)
Neutie Belle NEAL
Earnest Elliot NEAL
Thomas NEAL
Dorthy NEAL

James Marshall NEAL married Elizabeth BUSH. They had the following Children (buried at Mount Tabor Cemetery off Hwy 22 in Oldham)

Marshall Lee NEAL (My father - 1936-1998) (buried at Mount Tabor Cemetery off Hwy 22 in Oldham)
James W. NEAL
Carol NEAL

I appreciate any help.

James Lee Neal
jamesleeneal@yahoo.com
Frankfort, KY

Re: John NEAL.... was a farmer, and a veteran of the Revolution, who came from Virginia in 1796

Posted: 4 May 2007 5:27PM GMT
Classification: Query
I have a John Neale I am researching and wonder if you may have come across. My John Neale died in Loudon Co. VA in about 1779. He married Mary ?, she administered his estate. In 1782 Mary left Loudon for Monongalia Co, now WVA with 6 children, 2 sons and 4 daughters. One daughter Nancy Neale married Jordan Hall on 1 Sept 1785 Monongalia. I do not know where Mary or her other 5 children went. My John may have had a brother William who was listed as security in the estate probate of 1799. Any help is appreciated.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic