Search for content in message boards

Schneider/Woehlert

Schneider/Woehlert

Posted: 19 Mar 2003 5:30PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 26 Jun 2006 2:31AM GMT
I am looking for any informatio on parents of Emil Schneider who was married to Pauline(a) Woehlert(Wohlert).

Emil Parents: Peter Schneider, Johanna Schneider from Germany

Pauline Woehlert Parents: Henry Woehlert and S. Heckendorf
also from Germany.

Any Connections? Immigration info? Where?

Thanks, Mike

Re: Schneider/Woehlert

Posted: 22 Mar 2003 3:56PM GMT
Edited: 29 Jul 2003 1:04AM GMT
Surnames: SCHNEIDER/WOEHLERT
Good morning Mike,
I am the family history volunteer researcher at the historic cemetery of Milwaukee, Wisconsin. Saw your query so thought I would look up the names. We have an Emil Schneider buried at the cemetery but do not believe him to be the one you are looking for. Say this as there is no Pauline, Peter or Johanna buried with him. Ours has an Emelia, Egon, Bernard, Helene buried on the Lot. He has the heaviest monument, 85 tons, in the cemetery. He was a wine and liquor merchant.

In regards to the Woehlert family. None, sorry to say, but a Henry Woehlert was cremated at Forest Home in 1931 but is buried at Woodlawn Cemetery in Milwaukee. This Henry was born in Germany on April 8, 1868 and died on October 7th, 1931 due to Broncho Pneumonia per Funeral Directors Burial Transit Form. He had resided at time of death at 3278 N. 11th Street in Milwaukee.

Bob of Brookfield

Re: Schneider/Woehlert

Posted: 26 Mar 2003 7:05PM GMT
Edited: 26 Jun 2006 2:31AM GMT
Thanks for the information. Nothing seems to match at this time.

Milwaukee Cemetery

Posted: 10 Aug 2004 4:45PM GMT
Edited: 16 Mar 2005 2:04PM GMT
Surnames: BROWN/SCHENBERG
Robert,
I saw a posting of yours from last year. Don't know if you are still checking the postings, but I'll give it a try. I have three relatives that I believe died in the Milwaukee area. I can not find them. In 1858, my Great Great Grandma, Mary (Schenberg) Brown, was taken out the home because she was ill. She was living in Addison, Wisconsin at the time. Her husband, Andrew Brown was declared insane in Feb. 1859. A guardian was named to take care of the estate and children. In 1864, that guardian died so another one was named. I don't know what hospitals were near at the time. But I believe they must of died in one. The first guardian, Francis Schenberg lived in Milwaukee in 1860. I cannot find a record of his death. Can you look up their names?

Re: Schneider/Woehlert in Milwaukee ...?

Posted: 25 Jan 2013 1:56PM GMT
Surnames: Schneider Heckendorf Woehlert
If you have dates, or a general date range for these people it would be easier to check resources. There are possible matches for these Schneider Heckendorf Woehlert folks in "Milwaukee's German Newspapers; an index of death notices and related items" (1844-1950).
Gary Rebholz, compiler/editor
Milwaukee Wis.
gary.rebholz@gmail.com
Indexing Milwaukee's German newspapers continuously since 2007... helping to access our historic German-American culture.

Re: Milwaukee Schenberg or Brown...?

Posted: 26 Mar 2014 12:14PM GMT
Edited: 26 Mar 2014 12:14PM GMT
Surnames: Schenberg Brown Browne Braun Braune
In case it's helpful to your research, there are no Schenberg entries or references found in "Milwaukee's German Newspapers; an index of death notices and related items" (1844-1950). There are about 900 combined Brown Browne Braun Braune entries or references in the current data.
gary.rebholz@gmail.com, originator/compiler/editor, Milwaukee Wis.
Indexing Milwaukee's German newspapers continuously since 2007... helping family researchers collect evidence contemporary with our historic German-American families.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic