Search for content in message boards

Thermon and Mollie Perkins

Thermon and Mollie Perkins

Posted: 9 Jan 2012 7:00PM GMT
Classification: Lookup
Surnames: Perkins
Im trying to locate info on my grandparents. They were listed in the 1920 Census with Thermons Mother Emma. Im not sure if they were married in Letcher county or anything. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Thermon and Mollie Perkins

Posted: 15 Dec 2012 10:43PM GMT
Classification: Query
Dear Brother Ben,
I have info and in contact with a couple of nieces. I noticed you have some posted pictures. Where / how did you find them. The relatives I have been coomunicating as well as childhood friend said their aren't any because they were to poor as were the other's that lived in the hollar. Your Sister

Posted: 16 Dec 2012 1:50PM GMT
Good morning,
I havent posted in awhile but Im not sure what pictures you were talking about. I have a few of dad but thats about it. I have no real idea about anything regarding dads family. It all started when my daughter started asking me about dads native american heritage regarding college and tuition stuff. I told her I knew we have some cherokee but I have no clue who or how much.. lol... so it got me started looking and I ran into a block with Molly. Im assuming from the census records Thermon was our grandfather and Molly was our grandmother but I have nothing else. Any help you could provide me would be awesome.

Posted: 16 Dec 2012 3:12PM GMT
Good Morning back to you. I can share this much with you. Our generation is considered to be half. This is because Grandma was a full Delaware descent and asorbed by the Cherokee result of the 1838 treaty. Thus our children are 1/4 Cherokee. I have been working on our tree for sometime and have come to some walls. I have be in contact with 3 of our cousins in Ohio though.They don't have any pictures though. I have also found a friend of Maxine's that shared some stories while they were growing up. I guess Grandpa was the biscuit maker. Grandma was blind in her 40s. you can go to Grave finders search my name or put in the grandparents name and a photo of their cemetery and gravemarker is posted. It took me a long time to find where they were buried...Janis the friend told me. Ruth and Ruby both had cleft palates. I know the dentist has always commented on how high mine is. If you would be so kind and scan in your photos of Dad I would be appreciative because I don't have any.
Your Sister

LaRetta

Posted: 16 Dec 2012 10:51PM GMT
So I would be considered Half? wow.. I had no idea. Do you have any documentation? I think my daughter can get some half way decent college assistance being 1/4. If I can come up with some documentation or do you have Mollys ddate of birth and all that I can try to look it up. I really appreciate your help here. Send me your email and Ill scan in what pics I have of dad in them and send them to you. I dont have many but I have one of Greg, Dad and I that I think is a really good on of him.

Posted: 19 Dec 2012 6:08PM GMT
That's correct. I have been researching for many years now but I haven't found and Indian Role with Grandma on it yet. I have a few more leads to follow. That would be great if you would send me pictures. My email is larettam2002@yahoo.com. Thanks Ben
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions