Classification: Query
Surnames: Cummins
Search for the parents of Commodore Perry Cummins born in Greene county in 1840

Re: Commodore Cummins

Posted: 3 Jul 2002 12:29AM GMT
Edited: 25 Dec 2006 3:40AM GMT
Surnames: Cummins, Stewart, Martin, Ashburn, Eiseminger
Jeptha Cummins and either Mary Stewart or Hannah Martin are the parents of William Cummins whom married Catherine Ashburn, daughter of Margaret Eiseminger.

William and Catherine are the parents of Commodore Perry Cummins.

I have more,

Kristin

Posted: 29 May 2005 6:46PM GMT
Edited: 25 Dec 2006 3:41AM GMT
Did your Jeptha Cummins ever reside near/in Hancock, MD...own a farm about a mile east of Hancock...sometime in the 1800s?

Posted: 30 May 2005 2:10AM GMT
Edited: 27 Jun 2005 3:52PM GMT
Hi Joseph,

I only have the 1790 census record for Juba in Washington Co., MD. I am certainly interested in listening to what you have to share! I would love to know more about my 5th great grandfather!

Please contact me directly,
Kristin

Posted: 30 May 2005 4:27PM GMT
Edited: 25 Dec 2006 3:42AM GMT
Kristin,

All I have is what my brother (James Patrick Cummins) showed me several years ago. He went to Hancock, MD and found a deed, of which he has a copy, showing that Juba (his name was spelled at least three different ways in the deed) Cummins owned a 300 acre farm East of Hancock...about a mile, I think. The deed shows that he sold it to a Bruce(Ironic since it was The Bruce who wiped out the Cummins Clan in Scotland). We are trying to find out who Juba's father was...and trace the family back to the one who first came over...then we'll take it from there in England, Scotland, or Ireland...wherever that leads. We think we have the family line pretty solid from Jeptha (may be Juba's son...not sure right now cuz I don't have the paperwork in front of me...but will check it today to make sure.) down to our generation.

My e-mail address is Jac1136@aol.com....I live in Ft. Washington, MD....about 8 miles South of D.C.

Posted: 11 Jul 2006 4:11AM GMT
Edited: 16 Jul 2006 1:40AM GMT
Surnames: Cummins, Adams
There were two men named Commodore Perry Cummins, living about the same time. The census data for the one who died in Minnesota are consistent for every census from 1850 thru 1930. He was born 8/1833 in Illinois and his wife Lucina 7/1834 in Canada. She died between 1900 and 1910 in Iowa. He lived in IL, IA, and MN. He had a number of children -- Melford, Walter Varion, etc. His father was Joseph Cummins, Jr. and his mother Nancy Adams, both born in Kentucky. The other Commodore Perry Cummins was born and lived in Pennsylvania and had no children, according to several censuses.

Posted: 12 Mar 2007 10:51PM GMT
Edited: 13 Mar 2007 4:23PM GMT
Surnames: Cummins, McDonald, Hickman
Do you have a Harriet Cummins in your records?
I belief that my mother's grandmother was born Harriet Cummins abt. 1826 d. 4-24-1884. Her first husband was Henry L. McDonald and her second, my greatgrandfather Abraham Hickman

Posted: 13 Mar 2007 6:02PM GMT
You may be interested in looking at my gedcom. Harriet and her line are listed there. The my family link will take you to World Connect where you'll find here. Let me know if i can be of nmore help on the Cummins line. Godd luck and have fun,

Kristin
http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~bookbuyer/homepage....
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions