Search for content in message boards

CALVIN FULLER 1758 Union, CT

CALVIN FULLER 1758 Union, CT

Posted: 24 Feb 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 17 Apr 2003 9:09PM GMT
Surnames: FULLER, TYLER, GATES
FULLER – Need wife and her ancestry of Calvin FULLER b. 6 May 1758 Union, CT. Calvin’s wife is Drucilla but I have no surname or parents. Also, need to confirm that Calvin’s mother was Mehitable TYLER b. 15 July 1727 Willington, CT and that she is the wife of William FULLER who res. in Ashford and Union, CT. Calvin and Drucilla res. in Whitingham, VT and dau. Polly m. Seth GATES and moved to Springfield, Bradford Co., PA. E-mail: ConnieTEAM@aol.com, Connie (Conrad) Wilcox, Wheaton, IL

Calvin Fuller

Don Fuller (View posts)
Posted: 25 Feb 2000 12:00PM GMT
I have and will share info on ancestry and desc. of Calvin Fuller b 6 May 1758 in Union,CT. By the way, I used to live in Wheaton and my brother lives in there. Don Fuller

Re: CALVIN FULLER 1758 Union, CT

Posted: 10 Nov 2011 1:27AM GMT
Dear Mr. Wilcox,

If you exchanged information with Don Fuller, then I know that you now have the verification that you sought concerning parentage of Calvin. (It is made clear in the Vital Records of Union and in a secondary source, Hammond's history of Union.) In an effort to establish the link between another Fuller and me since our taking a DNA test (at Don's suggestion), we are working on verifying his descent from Luther, brother of Calvin and of Isaac (my four-great grandfather). This affects your line of ancestry as well. I am right now trying to find all that I can about Calvin, Isaac, Luther, Hezekiah, Samuel, John, Abigail, Dorothy and Abner, all siblings, all children of William and Mehitable Tyler Fuller in an effort to trace their movements starting in Union. I will gladly share with you anything that we find in our endeavours. If you are descended of Calvin, you and I are cousins; the DNA test seems to make that sure although it disproves a commonly held line, possibly above William's father James.

Sincerely,
Bill Fuller

Posted: 12 May 2012 8:07PM GMT
I read the postings about Calvin Fuller with great interest. Has it been proven that his father was definitely William and his mother Mehitable Tyler? Calvlin's daughter Mary "Polly" who married Seth Gates is my gr-gr-gr-grandmother, and her grave is in a field near the old homestead. When my grandmother first took me there she said Polly's grandfather lived to be 116 and taught Latin at an advanced age, and that Drusilla lived to be 97. Polly died at 93 or 4. I would dearly love to have their lineage solved. Thanks. rdonn@epix.net

Posted: 12 May 2012 8:58PM GMT
I happened to be on our dial-up writing our son when I saw that you had left a message; for now I cannot send anything on Drusilla but will verify information on Fullers: THE HISTORY OF UNION, CONN., founded on material gathered by REV. CHARLES HAMMOND, LL. D., 1893, pp. 345-346: James and Abigail (Hammond has Youmans, as do most sites; in Vital Rec. of Ashford I see YOUARD; Barbour's transcription has YEWARD/LENARD?.)Fuller marr. in Ashford Dec. 17, 1717. He was town clerk, Union, in 1737. Their children (b. Ashford): Dinah, Abigail, Elizabeth, WILLIAM (b. Mar. 13, 1722/3--verified in Vital Rec.). WILLIAM married Mehitabel Tyler in Wittington Dec. 10, 1746 (verified in V. R. of Wittington). Their children: Hezekiah, Dorothy (V.R. of Union list a named son who died after a few months), Isaac (my 4-gr. grandfather), CALVIN, b. May 6, 1758 (verified in V.R. of Union), Abigail, Luther, Abner, John. Hezekiah (Wm.s' br.) marr. Margaret Tyler, Mehitable's sister.
Descendants of one Samuel F. say that he was the youngest brother; if so, I suspect his birth in Wales, Mass., whither Wm and Mehitable moved for a while (Luther's papers in appl. for pension after the War). John & Isaac were with Calvin in Vermont in 1800 census before they went to Jefferson Co., N.Y., where Abner joined them after a brief sojourn in Coos Co., N.H., where Hezekiah (the younger) and Luther settled (Thompson's history of Stratford, N.H., and census rec.). I write in haste before losing connexion as I did a moment ago. I can send more dates and a little more if you are interested. Hope that this helps! Bill Fuller--wlfuller8@gmail.com

Posted: 12 May 2012 9:07PM GMT
Surnames: FULLER, YOUARD/YEWARD, TYLER
I just got notice of your posting but may have replied to an old one by mistake. (I'm not sure how all of these things work.) Just in case you did not thus get notification that I replied, I am replying directly to yours, too, so that you may go to the site and read that message. I may write you shortly at your e-mail address. As you are my kin, you will probably want the things that I hope to turn up on our ancestor James Fuller of Attleborough-Ashford-Union. Your cousin, Bill Fuller--wlfuller8@gmail.com

Posted: 12 May 2012 9:48PM GMT
Surnames: FULLER, YOUARD/YEWARD (EWER[S]?), TYLER
THE THIRD TIME IS THE CHARM. There is one thing in connexion with this line of our Fullers that I forgot to mention: I am trying to find out whether the wife (Abigail) of James Fuller of Ashford and Union was a EWER(S). Perhaps since there is no YOUARD/YEWARD name in Savage or Pope (and, thus, quite possibly, not in New England in those days) Hammond or someone else read into the name YOUMANS, a well established name. Since EWART (as in Wm E. Gladstone) is listed in some books as the equivalent of YOUARD/YEWARD, (and Pope and Savage list no EWARTS either), I searched those two works for EWER, and found that name in N.E. It certainly sounds more like YOUARD/YEWARD than YOUMANS looks like it. This would be Calvin's grandmother's family. Bill Fuller--wlfuller8@gmail.com

Posted: 20 Oct 2012 6:46PM GMT
Surnames: Allard, Haynes, Fuller, Youmans
I also am stumped by Drucilla Fuller, drusilla, lucilla?? I am from the Allard/Haynes line in Whitingham/Jacksonville Vermont. The original homestead was on town hill Whitingham, near the ball field, and Brigham Young monument. I lived on the mountain, and still have many family there.

Cheri Nelson Moseman
chehdtoo@gmail.com
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions