Search for content in message boards

Flegeltaub Family Link

Flegeltaub Family Link

Stephen Hanford (View posts)
Posted: 25 Jan 2001 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 21 Oct 2004 2:45PM GMT
Family departed Poland for England approx 1840. Suwalki Area. Looking for family connections. Thank you.

Re: Flegeltaub Family Link

Julie Hilson (View posts)
Posted: 21 Oct 2001 6:41AM GMT
Edited: 21 Oct 2004 2:46PM GMT
Surnames: flegg, felgeltaub
Dear Stephen,
My grandmother gave me a copy of a letter that she found in the attic from a man named Jack Flegg, who wrote to his niece Violet from Australia concerning their family history. He was the son of Aaron Felgeltaub, from Suvalk, Poland. I am extremely interested in any info you have discovered on this family-namely why they left Poland and how some of them ended up in Australia.
Thank you and good luck to you,
Julie Anne Hilson

Re: Family Link - Flegeltaub

Stephen Hanford (View posts)
Posted: 16 Apr 2002 7:40AM GMT
Surnames: Flegeltaub
firstly my sincere apologises for delay in writing to you. I have not been into this site since I posted a message and never though I would ever get a response. Wasnt I wrong.

I will respond to you privately with information. But in the good spirit of this site, I will log that Aaron Flegeltaub born c1844 in Suwalki Poland went with his parents in his early teens? to England, out of Poland through the port of Riga. He married in England, Liverpool in 1865 at 19 and soon after moved with two brothers and we think maybe two sister to Victoria, Australia. Ballarat was his destination where the gold rush had just began. He set up a photography business in Ballarat although spent time in other areas within the state. One of his children came to new Zealand in the late 1800's and married. I am Aaron's Great Great Grandson.

Regards

Steve

Regards
Steve

Re: Flegg

Posted: 11 Jun 2003 12:33PM GMT
Surnames: flegg
although extremely late, am looking for links of fleggs in Australia. We have Charles Flegg our gr great grandfather, who was born in 1833, married in Tasmania in 1853.
not sure if "jack" can help.
Thanks Fran

Posted: 2 Apr 2009 1:42AM GMT
Edited: 3 Apr 2009 3:23PM GMT
Surnames: Flegg, Farley, Lloyd
hi Fran

I was wondering if you have gathered any further info on your Fleggs. I am descended from Robert (Charles)Flegg and Mary Farley??? from Hobart. I have recently found that my Caroline Flegg was born to Mary Farley (convict) out of wed lock in 1829. Caroline Flegg married William Fairclough Lloyd in 1845.

Jan

Re: Flegeltaub Family Link

Posted: 19 Feb 2010 8:22AM GMT
Edited: 20 Feb 2010 2:37PM GMT
Surnames: Flegg, Flegeltaub, Nicholson
JACK FLEGG WAS MY GRANDFATHER (HIS BORN NAME WAS ISRAEL FLEGELTAUB BUT CHANGED IT BEFORE MY MOTHER WAS BORN, MY GREAT GRANDFATHER WAS AARON FLEGELTAUB, ELLEN NICHOLSON WAS MY GRANDMOTHER ( SHE BECAME RACHAEL WHEN SHE MARRIED AARON).GREAT GRANDPA(AARON) HAD 5 BROTHERS AND 3 SISTERS, MY GRANDPA ALSO HAD QUITE A FEW BROTHERS AND SISTERS. I THINK HE MY GRANDPA WAS THE ONLY ONE OF HIS SIBLINGS TO CHANGE HIS NAME. MY MUM WAS FLEGG AND SHE WAS BORN IN 1930 BUT MY GRANDMA MARRIED HIM AS FLEGELTAUB BUT CHANGED LATER.

Posted: 6 Jul 2010 5:58AM GMT
Edited: 19 Jul 2010 5:36PM GMT
Surnames: Flegg, Farley
I have just found you post dated April 2009. I am researching Robert Charles Flegg and Mary Farley married June 1832 and their child Sophia (Sarah).

Are you able to help. i.e. where did Robert Charles come from and how did he arrive in Tasmania and any information on Mary Farley would also be great.

Regards,

Kaye

Posted: 7 Jul 2010 12:47PM GMT
Edited: 19 Jul 2010 5:37PM GMT
Surnames: FLEGG, FARLEY, DEANE
Hi Kaye, Charles (Robert) FLEGG was a convict arrived on the Richmond 1823 in Hobart. Mary FARLEY was also a convict who arrived on the Henry 1825 in Hobart. Both transported for 7 years. Mary FARLEY had two children out of wedlock, Robert b.25.5.1828 d.28.5.1829 and Caroline (my ancestor) b.18.4.1830. Sophia, their daughter b.24.2.1840 married Edward Smith DEANE in Sydney 7 Jun 1857. You may contact me janm.muir@optusnet.com.au Regards Jan

Posted: 14 Feb 2011 12:57AM GMT
Edited: 14 Feb 2011 1:32PM GMT
Surnames: Flegg, Deane, Diano
Hi Jan,

I am a descendent of Sophie Flegg and Edward Smith Deane.
I have traced the Deane family to Philip Diano 1707. Do you know any further or about the Italian heritage?

Thanks & Regards,

Ruth Vernon

Re: Deane

Posted: 14 Feb 2011 12:04PM GMT
Edited: 14 Feb 2011 1:33PM GMT
Surnames: Deane, Smith
Hi Ruth
I have little information on the Deanes. I was in contact with a fellow from Hobart who was a descendant of Sophia & Edward Smith, he advised me that he was given most of the info on the Deanes from a distant cousin in the US. I believe he a has a family tree on Ancestry. I have gathered some interesting articles from the TROVE website on the Deane family. Do you live in Australia? Kind regards Jan
per page

Find a board about a specific topic