Search for content in message boards

Looking for Grandfather Smythe

Looking for Grandfather Smythe

Tamara Barrick (View posts)
Posted: 26 Aug 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Smythe and Hawthorn
I am looking for any information regarding Clyde A. Smythe born about 1887. At sometime in his life he, brother Ora and sister Lena were raised by aunt Olive Hawthorn. Olive, Ora and Lena are all buried in Short Creek Township Cemetary. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank You

Re: Looking for Grandfather Smythe

Posted: 11 Feb 2003 2:06AM GMT
Edited: 9 Apr 2006 2:27AM GMT
My great grandfather was Eugene Smythe. He died in late 1938. I have very little information on him. My older cousins barely remember him. Have you come across this individual in your search for your Smythes. I assume that he is buried in the Short Creek Cemetery in Georgetwon but have not been able to find any info that he is buried there. I believe he was born in the early 1850"s.

Re: Looking for Grandfather Smythe

Posted: 10 Sep 2012 12:34AM GMT
I hope your address is still current. My grgrandfather is Eugene Smyth. The Olive Hawthorn that you make reference to I believe is Eugene's sister. She lived up the hill above the old Georgetown school according to my late aunt. Another Smyth family was Sherman and I saw date where he died in 1949 in Scio and is buried in New Athens. He was working with my grandfather in a coal mine in 1919 when a rock and fell on my grandfather and just about killed him. I have a aprtial listing of of the people who bought plots in the Georgetown cemetery. Some Smyth's and related families. I have not spent the time recording the Smyth's like I should have. Regards Keith Nichols
per page

Find a board about a specific topic