Search for content in message boards

George Bush and George W. Bush

George Bush and George W. Bush

Posted: 29 Dec 1999 11:54PM GMT
Edited: 21 Aug 2001 5:02AM GMT
Looking for info on two different George Bush. Geroge Bush married to Mary Wolfe in 1799 in Harrison co., WV. Children: Jacob John, Francis and Elizabeth.
George W. Bush married to Mary McQuainin, both born abt 1818 in Lewis co, WV. Children: Rebecca, Tomas Benton, Alaey, mary E., Cassa Peremtra, Lethann, Florenda and George Bush. Any information I can share with you or you with me, please let me know. Thanks Jean

George Bush

Bonnie Bush Reeves (View posts)
Posted: 1 Jan 2000 7:35PM GMT
Jean, George Bush is my GGGgrandfather. I would be glad to share info I have on this family. E-mail me at bjbushreeves@AOL

Regards
Bonnie

Bush/McQuainin

Posted: 3 Jan 2000 10:26PM GMT
The information I got was out of the 'Stalnaker' book, who i have family ties with also. Have George W. Bush, not parents or siblings, married to Mary McQuainin, no parents. Both were born in 1818, both in Lewis co., WV. Chidren were Rebecca, b. 1846, m. William Stalnaker, Thomas Benton, b. 1842/43, Alaey, b 1845, Mary E., Cassa P. b 1851, Lethann, b 1853, Florenda, b 1855 and George, b 1864. Rebecca Bush and William Stalnaker m 1866 had two children: Leothia Refina, b 17 Dec 1868 in Glenville, W.V. and George W., b 20 Dec 1869. Leothia was my great Grandmother. She was married to Willima Sherman Griggs. She died 11 Apr 1937 in Hamilton, Montana. The had two chidren, my grandmother, Brennice Alcinda and Walter. I have pictures of Leothia and George as very young children, also a 'tin type' photograph book that belonged to Leothia. I am 56 years old, been doing genealogy for about 20 years off and on. Now that I am on line it should be even fun. What is your line? Jean

Bush/McQuainin

Posted: 5 Jan 2000 10:35AM GMT
Edited: 4 Jan 2002 2:09AM GMT
Jean, Here is the info. The info on the George W. comes from Bette Butcher Topp, she use to publish a periodical called Bush Branches and this info comes from vol 1.

Jacob Bush b. 1756 in Hampshire County W.V. is the brother to George Bush (this is my line), sons of George (Jerig) Adams Bush son of Hans Michael Bush.
Jacob was mareried in the fall of 1782 to Margaret Swan (Snarr) in Augusta Co., Va. Jacob evidently substitued for his brother, John in the Rev War. He enlisted in 1778 in Capt. Samuel Pringle's Company of Indian Spies from Ft. Buckhannon, Upshur County, W V. Jacob's children:
A. Peter Bush b 1783 m. Elizabeth Lockhart
B. Susannah Bush - b. ca 1785 m. Robert Simpson
C. Henry Bush b 11 May 1786 m. 1/Alisey Simpson on 6 April 1804, M.2/ Margaret Snider Hall and 3/ Elizabeth Heckert. He died 27 May 1874. Two of his children were George W. who married Mary McQuain and Robert P. Bush who married Mary Fisher.
D. Barbara Elizabeth Bush b 1788
E. John Bush b. ca 1790
F. George Bush b ca 1790 m. Mary McClure
G. Elizabeth Bush b. 18 Feb 1791 m Michael Stump Jr.
H. Jacob Bush b. 13 March 1796 am. Hannah Fisher
I. Margaret Bush b 1802 m Absalom Stump
J. Michael Bush m 26 of Dec to Mary Walker.

I hope this helps. If you would like more info let me know.

Bonnie

Bush, McQuainin

Posted: 5 Jan 2000 9:33PM GMT
Thanks so much for the info. You got me back another generation and I appreciate that. Will try to go to Geneaolgy library and look for this book. My information was gotten from the 'Chronology of the Stalnaker Family' by Cecil Stalnaker. Thanks again. Jean

Johann Hans Michael Busch

Shirley McKnight (View posts)
Posted: 6 Jan 2000 4:38PM GMT
Decendants of Johann Hans Michael Busch Generation I
Johann Hans Michael Busch was born 1697 in Palatinate area, Germany, and died July 29,1749 in Berks County Pa. He married Eva Effie Platner abt. 1715 in Daisbach, Germany.
Children of Johann Busch and Eva Platner are:
i. George Adam Jerick Bush,b.July
23,1721,Zuezenhausen, Germany,d
1817,Lewis county, Va/W.Va.
ii. Johann Ludwig Bush b.July 2,1723,Zuzenhausen, Daisbach, Germany;d 1799 Pendleton County, Pa.
iii. Maria Margareta Bush b.Nov 18,1724,Zuezenhausen, Daisbach, Germany.
iv. Johannes Bush b.Sept 21,1726 Zuezenhausen, Daisbach, Germany.
v. George Michael Bush b. July 20,1728 Zuezenhausen, Daisbach, Germany,d.1732 Daisbach, Germany.
vi. Anna Barbara Bush b.Nov 15,1730,d.1732 Daisbach, Germany.
vii. Johann Adam Bush, b. April 16,1733,Zuzenhausen,Daisbach, Germany.

Posted: 6 Jan 2000 8:54PM GMT
Shirley, Thank you very much for your information! If I can help you any please let me know!

Bonnie

Posted: 6 Jan 2000 8:58PM GMT
Jean, please see the reply sent to me by Shirley McKnight. This will take you back into Germany. This is your line also!!

Bonnie

Posted: 7 Jan 2000 9:15PM GMT
Thank you for sharing this information with me. I had just fiished putting Jacob Bush and line in my program. This is very exciting.
For some reason, I have been able to get further on my husband's side than mine, not so now. Am doing a number of family names in WV, Griggs, Stalnaker, Holland, Ewell and so on. Thanks again. Really appreciate this information! jean

Bush/Busch

Shirley McKnight (View posts)
Posted: 8 Jan 2000 11:22AM GMT
Hi,
I am a descendant of Johann Hans Michael Busch. My grandmother was a Bush, her name was Lucy Jane Bush daughter of William John Bush and Lillie Alexander. William's parents were Calvin Bush and Hannah Burris/Burries. Calvin is the son of Jacob Bush and Catherine Baughn. Jacob was also married to Lucy Leach.
I'm trying to find out if William had any siblings. I'm also trying to locate Hannah's family. I don't have any information on Hannah. I'm also trying to locate where Calvin and Hannah are buried. William lived in Ohio in Fayette county. There is a Bush cemetery in Fayette county with descendants of my g-ggrandparents, but I cannot seem to locate Calvin. If anyone should have any information, I would greatly appreciate it.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic