Search for content in message boards

Looking for family further back than Chauncey M. Depew

Looking for family further back than Chauncey M. Depew

Posted: 6 Jan 2002 7:31PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 8 Jan 2002 7:10PM GMT
Surnames: Depew
I am looking for anyone who can tell me if Chauncy Depew is in your family tree to. He's as far back as i can go. His family landed in New York, and Chauncy was a rail road executive and lawyer. And it looks as though there are more Depews out there than i thought so there has got to be some conection some where. Thanks for your time.

Renee

Re: Looking for family further back than Chauncey M. Depew

Roger DePew (View posts)
Posted: 6 Jan 2002 11:39PM GMT
As far as I can tell there were two maybe three sets of Depews who arrived on this continent around the same period. Chaunceys family arrived in the New York area. One group (which may or may not have been from Chaunceys family) was loyal to the British and moved to Canada. My branch was started by John Depew, son of Walter(Gualtier in French) who left England and resided in NJ and then Virginia. I have two of Chauncey's books and have been looking for a connection to our family for a couple of years.

Posted: 14 Jan 2002 1:53AM GMT
Edited: 23 Apr 2002 4:46PM GMT
Dear Renee

Chauncy m. Depew is my great uncle about 5or 6 greats back.My father was Charles Depew. My grandfather was Hiram Depew,

Emmalene
E_ mail me

Jean M Emerson (View posts)
Posted: 18 Jan 2002 1:39AM GMT
Roger,
I have Depew ancestors who lived in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada. Harry Depew married Gertrude Bell. They had 3 children - 2 daughters and a son, Charles. Time frame was mid 1850 to 1900.

Can you share any information about the Depews in Canada??
Thanks
Jean

Posted: 28 Jan 2002 3:18PM GMT
Edited: 27 Jan 2004 8:26PM GMT
My Great-Grandmother was Blanche Depew who married Simon Finneus Boomer. I know nothing of her family, except that she is from Ontario and raised her family there. Her children were all born in the area of 1915- 1922. Do you think these families are connected?

Eryne Donahue

Jean Emerson (View posts)
Posted: 30 Jan 2002 3:42AM GMT
Eryne,
I do not have a Blanche Depew or a Simon Boomer in my Depew group. Where in Ontario did Blanche live? My group was in the Hamilton, Stoney Creek area in Ontario.
Jean

Posted: 16 Feb 2002 3:47PM GMT
Surnames: Depew, Boomer
Hi Jean,
Blanche Depew was born in Buffalo in 1896, and her children with Simon Finneus Bommer were born in Hamilton and Tetterville. I have virtually no other information.
Eryne

Posted: 16 Feb 2002 5:05PM GMT
Edited: 10 Aug 2003 2:02AM GMT
Surnames: Emerson, Smith, Bell, and Depew
Eryne,
Thanks for the info. I will continue my research to determine if there is a tie between Blanche Depew and my Depew family in Hamilton. There is a close relationship between my family in Buffalo and the Depews of Hamilton. I just do not have all the names in order yet. Will keep you posted if I locate that link!

Also, please note, I have a change of e-mail address (now jmemers@attbi.com).
Thanks
Jean

Posted: 16 Feb 2002 8:47PM GMT
Surnames: Depew, Boomer
Hi Jean,
I think there must be a strong relation somewhere as well. I just found another tid-bit of information that might be useful to you: Blanche's first name may in fact be Margaret (or else this is her middle name). Her son Ted Ion Boomer was born in Hamilton June 27, 1917.

Eryne

Posted: 17 Feb 2002 12:56AM GMT
Edited: 10 Mar 2004 11:36PM GMT
While I was doing research in Buffalo last summer, I noticed what seems to be at least 2 unrelated Depew lines.

Unless either of you can tell me how these other Depews link in with Senator Chauncey's family.... I could not see a connection between his brother's family and any others.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions