Search for content in message boards

Shrader family West Virginia

Shrader family West Virginia

Lee Doughty (View posts)
Posted: 7 May 2004 6:35AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Shrader
Does anyone out there know anything about this family, Shrader from West Virginia, children Thomas, William, Daniel, Susan, Sarah, Caroline, G. I am the great-great granddaughter of Caroline Shrader who married James M. Howell . I need the names of her parents and who her siblings
married, according to her obituary, her family was from Wetzel co. West Virginia, any help greatly appreciated and I am willing to share information on Caroline's decendents.

Lee Doughty

Re: Shrader family West Virginia

James Davis (View posts)
Posted: 11 May 2004 1:05AM GMT
Try looking in Tazewell County, Virginia. It was at one time part of West Virginia. There are a lot of Shraders there. My Great Grandmother on my moms fathers side was Elizabeth Shrader married to William Billy O'Donnell and my gg Grand mother also was Rebecca Shrader married to Isaac O'Donnell Williams parents. Also look for Swader on the census Shrader looks like Swader from what I under stand. The h and r together looks like a w. Also look for Rebecca's father David (Dave)Shrader married to Rhoda Nuckles in Tazewell county, Va. Also check out Kanawha County, West Virginia. If you think this is your line I will be happy to share what I have. You can find a lot of info on this Shrader family on rootsweb.com world connect project family trees.

Have a great night
James Davis

Lee Doughty (View posts)
Posted: 11 May 2004 5:09AM GMT
Dear James

Thanks for the tips, if we are somehow related I would be more
than happy to share with you, I'll keep you posted . Here's
my e-mail address Leedoughty5@aol.com

Lee Doughty

Walt Wade (View posts)
Posted: 12 May 2004 12:23AM GMT
Lee,
I have Shrader ancestors who settled in Pendleton Co., WV.My ggg-grandfather married and moved to Pocahontas Co., WV. It could be some of his clan moved to Wetzel Co. You didn't say what time frame these Shraders were from. Be glad to help if I can.
Walt

Lee Doughty (View posts)
Posted: 12 May 2004 4:54AM GMT
Dear Walt

My great-great grandmother Caroline Shrader was born in 1851, she married in 1869, I checked other counties for her on
the census but no luck, they probably arrived in Wetzel co. in
1860's i am just guessing, though , I don't know much about her family, her sisters were alive when she died in 1924, I don't know if her brothers were, her obituary didn't mention parents. Just she was from New Martinsville, Wetzel co. WV.
This is one branch of the family I have nothing on, and it is frustrating. I could use all the help I can get, I hope this little bit of information might help you.

Lee

Walt Wade (View posts)
Posted: 12 May 2004 11:11PM GMT
Lee,
I don't see anything right now, but I have a couple of books I will check and see if I can find something for you.
Walt

Lee Doughty (View posts)
Posted: 13 May 2004 4:36AM GMT
Dear Walt

Thanks for taking the time to help, I really appreciate you doing this.

Thanks Lee

Posted: 27 Apr 2005 9:44PM GMT
Edited: 13 Nov 2005 9:09PM GMT
Try getting a copy of the death certificate from the county where she died. It may have the name of her parents on it. It is worth a try.

Posted: 20 Dec 2005 2:52PM GMT
Surnames: SHRADER
LOOKING FOR INFO ON JACOB AUSTIN SHRADER FROM WV. WOULD APPRECIATE ANY INFORMATION ON HIS LINE.

Posted: 3 Jun 2012 11:43PM GMT
Surnames: Shrader, Holt,
Howdy,
Do you know the parents of Lucinda Shrader? Born around 1865, married J. Thomas Holt? They died in Bluefield, Mercer, West Va. I have checked Tazewell etc, but just can't seem to find which Shrader's are her folks. Not even sure about the spelling.
Any help would be great.
K
per page

Find a board about a specific topic