Search for content in message boards

Nancy Marshall born around 1784 in Virginia

Nancy Marshall born around 1784 in Virginia

Posted: 20 Jul 2001 12:12AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 17 Dec 2002 8:38PM GMT
Surnames: Marshall, Burton
I am looking for the parents/siblings of Nancy Marshall born about 1784 probably in Russell, Virginia. She was married to James Burton born about 1790 in Virginia. I know of only one child born to them--Sarah or Sally Burton born 1804 in Russell, Virginia.

Thanks,

Chad Barnett
barnchad@isu.edu

Re: Nancy Marshall born around 1784 in Virginia

Aaron P. Burton (View posts)
Posted: 22 Oct 2003 7:02PM GMT
Surnames: Burton, Marshall
Hi Chad,

I am looking for information on them as well. Since it has been a few years since you posted this, perhapse you have discovered something. I believe the dates are off for both because the James Burton, who married a Nancy Marshall, that I am related to served 3 years on the Virginia State Line in the Revolutionary war. "If James and Nancy were married in 1795 and the Revolutionary War was from 1775 - 1783, give or take a few months, and James was to have served 3 years, I would place his birth about 1765 thus making him 15 years of age in 1780 and for him to serve 3 years. Now then another 15 years would make James, like 30 years old when he and Nancy were married."AF

Is this the same couple? Let me know. Thanks

Aaron

Re: Nancy Marshall born around 1784 in Virginia

Chad Barnett (View posts)
Posted: 24 Oct 2003 12:17AM GMT
I believe we have the same couple. However, I have not further information than what I posted at the website. If you have anything additional you could give me, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Chad Barnett
per page

Find a board about a specific topic