Search for content in message boards

Interactive Image Viewer – Coming Soon to More Collections!

Interactive Image Viewer – Coming Soon to More Collections!

Posted: 24 Jan 2013 5:38PM GMT
Classification: Query
Last year, we launched the Interactive Image Viewer as an interactive tool to help you view and interpret information from many of the Census records available online. We’re excited to announce that the Interactive Image Viewer will now be available for several more collections in the coming weeks.

See the full post here:
http://blogs.ancestry.com/ancestry/2013/01/23/interactive-im...

Re: Interactive Image Viewer – Coming Soon to More Collections!

Posted: 24 Jan 2013 7:34PM GMT
Here's hoping we can continue to shut it off.

Posted: 24 Jan 2013 7:50PM GMT
If you will read the notice above the save images options, you will see that we are being FORCED to use these changes whether we like it or not. Maybe lots of us will vote with our feet(err, our money).

This site has been extremely slow and non responsive for several weeks now and I just got the nasty check back soon page and now cannot even log on. But, we are getting the wonderul new Interactive image viewer-and we can just lump it, the powers that be are only interested in new junkolgists and clickofills-not dedicated researchers. Guess we are just too old to appreciate the wonderfulness of it all.

Posted: 25 Jan 2013 12:57AM GMT
@JimLivermoreNY

I'm with you on this. I detest that image viewer.

Posted: 25 Jan 2013 5:24AM GMT
So, Gentrydavies7-maybe someone can tell me just why I am getting this nonsense when I click on the 1930 or 1940 census image. This happened last night the same time the hints page was changed. Interactive may be wonderful but if it won't open a page, it is not so wonderful in my opinion!!! I am attaching a screen shot.

I went back and changed my options to allow something new through Firefox and that fixed it. However, why did y'all mess with it in the first place?? I just hate it when y'all do this messing around with things that are working quite well. And then crow about how wonderful it is!!!
Attachments:

Posted: 25 Jan 2013 7:45AM GMT
Sorry that it didn't work from the get go! The new image viewer requires Javascript to be enabled, our old viewers used Flash instead. All new browsers come with java script enabled, but it hasn't always been that way.

We have a lot more people who aren't able to use flash (and therefore get a bad experience in the old viewer) than Javascript, but I'm sorry that you were in the unlucky smaller group! Glad you got it fixed though, let me know if you have any more problems or feedback on the viewer.

Thanks,
Gentry

Posted: 25 Jan 2013 7:53AM GMT
Sorry you don't all love the new Image Viewer like we do! I'd love to hear any specific feedback you have on the image viewer, we want to improve it to make it work for as many people as possible. What do you miss from the old viewer? What would you like us to change in the new viewer?

Posted: 25 Jan 2013 2:31PM GMT
I don't want to "interact," I just want to see the images - something I can't do now!

Posted: 25 Jan 2013 4:37PM GMT
Well, I do have Java enabled but I had to change my Firefox options in order to see the "new & improved" viewer. I do hate being blindsided with "new & improved" things which mess me up. One thing I see which is not good--the bright color which defined the person I opened the viewer for has gone from a bright yellow to a sickly sorta yellow. How is that an improvement huh? At least, if we are being forced into this, keep the highlighted color bright instead of pale & sickly. it's not that I liked the other way best or this way best either-it's just always, always, being blindsided.

Posted: 25 Jan 2013 4:38PM GMT
And just now, when I clicked post for the message I was sending, I got an error but now I see the message was posted twice.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions