Search for content in message boards

Zietsman or Zietschman family history

Zietsman or Zietschman family history

Pieter Neels (View posts)
Posted: 20 Mar 2000 2:19AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 29 Nov 2005 9:41PM GMT
Surnames: Zietsman, Zietschman
We are looking for the ancesters or family origen of the family Zietsman or Zietschman.

Origin may be in Germany. Looking for any information.

Re: Zietsman or Zietschman family history

Zietsman van der Walt (View posts)
Posted: 29 Nov 2005 12:21PM GMT
My nam e is Frederik Zietsman van der Walt. I live in Upington, South Africa. My Great Grandmothers surname was Zietsman and as far as I am aware her farthers name was Frederik Zietsman. They cam from Mosselbay in the southern cape province, South Africa. I would like to learn more about my ancestors.

Kind regards
Zietsman van der Walt

Posted: 4 Oct 2006 12:59PM GMT
Hi

I married Gerald Zietsman in 1985 in Pretoria South Africa, he has since committed suicide. I have two sons who have kept their surname Zietsman, we are now living in the U.S. and from what I can see we are the only Zietsmans here

Posted: 5 Apr 2009 5:26PM GMT
Surnames: Zietsman
Hi Zietsmans. My mom was a Zietsman from Mosselbay. Her mom and dad was Susanna Maria & Adriaan Nicholaas. Their farm was called Hartbees Kuil just outside Mosselbay. My mom's name was Alberta (bertha) and her siblings were Louis, Daisy, Susie, Noelene, Nico. I would like to hear from other family members who can help with putting the family tree together. I grew up in Cape Town, my mom married Conraad Barend Johannes van Wyk. Please contact me on bertha.keller@gmail.com. Thank you all

Posted: 1 Nov 2009 2:59AM GMT
Hi Bertha. We are from German decent as you know. Paul Lodewyk(Ludwig) Sieszmann came to Cape town in 1771 as a soldier from a place in Germany called Stolpe (Wes pruise) >Pommerania as it was known in the old books and history. Stolpe was given to Poland after what happened in the 2 world war and is known as Slupks today. You can Google it and look at the town where your forevader came from. He work as a wagon maker for the first ten years of his life before he became a south african burger. He got married to Susanna Cordier on the 27-05-1781. She was born on the 23-03-1761 a daughter of Johannes Cordier and Anna Maria Voortman. Tosee the whole familie of which most is from Mosselbaai and swellendam area Google zietsman and there is all the names of people >when they were born and when they died. I am after the complete family tree too and i dont know where to find it. Hope it help a bit this and shed more light on the zietsman familie.

Kind regards
Konrad Karl-Heinz Zietzmann..

Posted: 15 Mar 2010 7:13PM GMT
Hi Fredrik
My maiden surname was Zietsman, I have researched the family tree back to 1600. Do you know what your Great Grandmothers first names was? The Zietsman family in South Africa is al related. Only one Zietsman came to South Africa.
Also do you know what your Great Grandfathers names were and when he was born and where, if possible?
Regards
M

Posted: 21 May 2010 5:44PM GMT
Classification: Immigration
Surnames: zietsman
my dad goes by the name of Helgard Zietsman. His father's name is Helgard Visser Zietsman who has a brother named Johann Zietsman. Helgard zietsman, my dad, has a younger brothder named Alexander Zietsman.

Posted: 1 May 2011 11:06PM GMT
Hi M
My name is Lorraine Howard nee Shum. My great grandfather married Sarah Johanna Henrietta Zietsman in 1880 in Estcourt I think it was. I found a Zietsman family tree on the internet. I tried to contact them unsuccessfully. Would love to learn more!
Lorraine
My e-mail is lorrainehoward@eircom.net

Posted: 2 May 2011 6:39AM GMT
My great grandfathers names were Burgert Daniel van der Walt and he was maried to Maria Magdalena Zietsman. Her dads name was Frederik Zietsman and they lived at Mosselbaai. BUrgert Daniel did came from De Rust at the time off mariage.

Posted: 2 May 2011 11:55AM GMT
Hi Konrad
My name is Lorraine Howard nee Shum. I see you are a descendant of the Zietsmans. My great grandfather married Sarah Johanna Henrietta Zietsman in 1880 in Escourt. His name was William Hamilton Northey Shum. They had 3 children and their only son was my grandfather.
Are you interested in hearing any more? Sarah died in 1937 and William in 1943. William died in Durban.
Ernest Hamilton Shum was his son and they also had 2 daughters.
My e-mail is lorrainehoward@eircom.net
per page

Find a board about a specific topic