Search for content in message boards

Virginia Keyes Bockenstoe Reed Murphy

Virginia Keyes Bockenstoe Reed Murphy

Rev. Jim Griffis (View posts)
Posted: 16 Jan 2001 11:54AM GMT
Anyone in this tree. She was a member of the Donner party. I am in the Keyes tree and need some info. Her Grandma was Sarah Keyes. I do not know her husbands name or Virginia Murphys husbands name. My e-mail: jimandellieg@cs.com. tks. Jim

Re: Virginia Keyes Bockenstoe Reed Murphy

June Gill (View posts)
Posted: 29 Nov 2001 9:49PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Backentoe, Keyes, Handley
According to.my Data base Margaret Will Keyes b. March 31, 1814 in Monroe, Union, Virginia d. November 25, 1861 San Jose, California M. Lloyd Carter Backinstoe and had a daughter Virginia Elizabeth Backinstoe b. June 23, 1833 in Sangamon County, Illinois. She died Feb. 1921 in San Jose California. Margaret Wilson Keyes Backinstoe married second James Frazier Reed and he raised Virginia as a Reed. Virginia Elizabeth Bacenstoe Reed married John Marion Murphy in San Jose, California on January 26, 1850.. They were the parents of 9 children.

Margaret Wilson Keyes was the daughter of Humphrey Keyes (1763-1833) and Sarah Handley (1776-1846)

Sarah Handley was the daughter of John Handley (1746-1811)
and Mary Harrison (1745-1829)

I am descended from another line of this same family. I am the descendant of John Wade Keyes.
Hope this helps you and if you have anything to share it would be appreciated.
June Gill

Posted: 30 Nov 2001 3:48AM GMT
Thank You June for your great reply. This excited me. My
wife is from the Keyes tree. Interesting fact: My dau in California took her 2 daus to a educational day to some fort. There they acted out, you guessed it, the book on the Keyes trip from Illinois to Calif. So when I mentioned it to her, they knew it by heart as they had acted it out. Do you have a e-mail address so we could bypass this way of
communicating. Thanks. Jim

Posted: 1 Dec 2001 5:38AM GMT
I have tried to send many msgs, but my computer is acting up. So will try again. I pray that you have a e-mail address so we can go back n forth easier. I have quite a bit on the Keyes, but am lost in some areas. One is yours. I have lots of data, but have no idea of its accuracy. My wife's Grandpa was a Keyes. Her cousin in Connecticut has done much research as many others have. I have many bits and pieces that I have put together. There are many Humphreys and Solomons, that it is hard to keep them in the right place. I have John Wade Keyes and Louisa Talbot on my records. Did he have 14 brothers and sisters? Have lots of Gershams who I have questions. Hopefully we can help each other fill some gaps. After I read the book about the trip from Illinois to California, I prayed that someone in that tree would still be alive and looking on the internet. June, again thanks. Hope to hear from you soon. Jim

Posted: 21 Mar 2002 11:02PM GMT
Edited: 16 Nov 2004 2:04AM GMT
June, My e-mail has chg to revjimgriffis@aol.com. Could you please contact me by e-mail. I have some questions. Thank you so much for your reply. Jim

Donna Mulkins Clark (View posts)
Posted: 10 Apr 2004 1:20AM GMT
Surnames: Reed/Watkins/ Hassler
Dear sir: I was very excited to see you post as well as the others re: Virginia. I am attempting to make the connections from my Reeds to James Reed. My mom always talked about how some of the older folks in her family talked (but briefly) about the incident. According to family history we run in a direct line from James-unfortunatley I can't find the missing link. Also, I am trying to find out more about my Reed/Watkins connection so if anyone can help me with either I'd apprreciate it. I am just hoping that I will get a response as your post is so old. The Reed/Watkins connection should-in theory!- be easy. My mom told that 3 Watkins sisters married 3 Reed brothers. The ones she remembers best are George and Emma Watkins Reed.There is also a Emma Reed (George's sister) who married John Adams Hassler-my gr grandfather. He died in 1902 at about age 30-that would mean he was born around 1860 1865. I don't have all my info organized neatly so unsure of all the correct dates. If anyone can help me with this I would appreciate it. Sincerely, Donna M. Clark

June Gill (View posts)
Posted: 11 Apr 2004 3:47PM GMT
Surnames: Keyes, Reeds,Talbots & related families
Sorry that I have not been on the computer but am still working on the Keyes, Talbots and related lines. Please get in touch with me. my eamail is ladytwister34@ earthlink.net
June
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions