Search for content in message boards

Pelletier, Peltier, Pelter, etc and town of Pelletier, NC

Pelletier, Peltier, Pelter, etc and town of Pelletier, NC

Posted: 8 Oct 2011 7:21PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Pelletier, Pelter, Peltier
Looking for information on alleged ancestor, Jerome/Gerome Pelletier, born before 1755 in France. Lived in Haiti and Beaufort, NC, died Carteret Co, NC about 1801.

I believe he was married more than once. One marriage in France. We believe he had a son, Anthony/Antoine who was born in either France or Haiti. After Jerome's brother, Peter died in Haiti, believe that's when they came to Carteret County.

Looking for proof of Anthony's connection to Jerome and where Jerome originated from in France. Believe he was in the French military in Haiti.

Would deeply appreciate any information on this family.
My mother was a Peltier.

Thank you,

Joyce

Please respond to jcwicks@gmail.com

Re: Pelletier, Peltier, Pelter, etc and town of Pelletier, NC

Posted: 9 Oct 2011 1:57PM GMT
Hi Joyce,

I will respond here as well as to your email. I am not a Pelletier descendant, but branches of my family have married into their over the generations.

If I am remembering correctly, the community of Pelletier, Carteret County, North Carolina is named for the Pelletier family. I believe that is where their plantation was located. I think it was named "Wildwood."

If you have not already seen Primrose Watson Fisher's book, it will be a great assistance to you. It is available at the New Bern-Craven County Public Library and you maybe able to request it via Inter-Library Loan. Here is the citation.

Primrose Watson Fisher, "One Dozen Pre-Revolutionary War of Eastern North Carolina Families and Some of Their Descendants", New Bern Historical Society, 1958.

Note the New Bern Historical Society does not have copies for sale as it is out of print. It was reprinted a few years ago by the Fisher family, but not in any great quantity.

All the Best,

David French

Re: Pelletier, Peltier, Pelter, etc and town of Pelletier, NC

Posted: 9 Oct 2011 3:05PM GMT
Surnames: Peletier, Pelletier, Peletier, Pelter, Peltier
Dear David,

Thank you so much for your reply. I didn't know about "Wildwood." I do know that the Peletiers settled in Beufort, Carteret Co, NC. Peletier, NC is not far from there. I intend to see if I can find out more about this little town. There was also a Peltier, TN which was named for a post office close to where my Peltiers lived. One of them was the postmaster.

Which of your relatives married into the Peltier family?

Thanks again,

Joyce
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions