Search for content in message boards

Tulsa OK Wards/Cherokee too

Tulsa OK Wards/Cherokee too

Ileane (View posts)
Posted: 7 Aug 2000 3:05AM GMT
Hi, my line is from Tulsa and we have Cherokee Indian Blood and land..write me ileane@evodata.net. Im getting papers from my grandma soon

ward

Lyle Stephenson (View posts)
Posted: 17 Aug 2000 8:46PM GMT
in my line, James Ward married Annie Fisher and was in a little town north of Tulsa, named Pryor (previously Pryor Creek). their daughter was Sarah Paralee Ward, my grandma. Sarah would have been born about 1875, and her father James Ward should have been born about 1850. But i dont have exact dates for them.

Paralee Ward

Posted: 21 Aug 2000 1:57PM GMT
Edited: 3 Dec 2001 5:36PM GMT
Paralee is the name of my ggrandmother. Do you have a Will, Myrick, or Freddie Ward in your line?
Any assistance will be appreciated.
Andrew Ward

paralee ward

lyle stephenson (View posts)
Posted: 22 Aug 2000 8:44PM GMT
Andrew, probably our 'paralee's are different persons. Mine had a first name of 'Sarah' Paralee Ward. Do you have dates and locations for your Paralee? Mine was married to Charles Stephenson in 1895 in Oklahoma Territory, when she was 20 years of age. She was probably born in Okl Terr. I dont have your other names, that i know of, but then i havent identified her siblings and such. Her parents were James Ward and Annie Fisher. please advise

Paralee

Posted: 28 Aug 2000 3:12PM GMT
Edited: 3 Dec 2001 5:36PM GMT
Lyle,
It possible that this is a second marriage. My grandfather, Myrick was a bit hazy on his ancestry.He only told me that he came from a very large family. (nine kids!)
However, His brother Uncle Freddie,
who died in March of 1981 had Paralee
and Will Ward listed as his parents.
He is buried in Bone Cementary near
Browns Crossings,Ga.
Does anything sond familiar?
Andrew

Paralee Ward

Lyle Stephenson (View posts)
Posted: 28 Aug 2000 6:12PM GMT
Andrew, thanks again for the response. I would judge that yours is a different Paralee than i seek. I am looking for a family in the 1850's 1860's and 1870's. My Sarah Paralee Ward was born in 1875 in Oklahoma. I'm sorry for both of us

Re: Tulsa OK Wards/Cherokee too

Posted: 27 Sep 2002 1:01AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 14 Dec 2002 3:51AM GMT
My great great grandmother was Mary ann Ward she married William Blevins her parents were George and Polly Ward I know they came to Oklahoma with the Wood family I have a list of George and Polly's children and their spouses but my list is at home and I'm at work but if you think this is your line please feel free to e mail me at jaykemps@brightok.net
I am a member of the cherokee tribe. My cherokee ancestry came from Mary Ann Ward on my Fathers side of the family.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic