Search for content in message boards

Golcowa, Poland

Posted: 17 Aug 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 4 Jul 2003 12:33AM GMT
Surnames: Bober, Wanic, Wonaic, Lencoski, Aniol
Has anyone ever heard of Golcowa, Poland? I've found its location on several maps but what I'm interested in is some background info. (i.e. population, is it a village, town, city etc.) Any help would be appreciated.

K

Golcowa, Poland

George King (View posts)
Posted: 18 Sep 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Duplaga
My grandfather on my mother's side came from Golcowa. His name was Thomas Duplaga. His wife, my grandmother was Sophia Bargiel from Stara Wies. It is usually easier to find Stara Wies since it is just up the road from Brzozow. This area is in the mountains and rural. My grandfather used to say that Golcowa was a small village and was not far from some type of National Forest
Posted: 19 Sep 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 4 Jul 2003 12:33AM GMT
Surnames: Bober, Brys, Wanic, Lecoski
I have since found out that Golcowa is indeed a very small village located in what was the province of Krosno. I have even been able to locate it using Expedia Maps and MapQuest.
Posted: 1 Jul 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 1 Apr 2002 9:12PM GMT
Surnames: Bober
I have information on a Bober. Wojeiech (Albert) was born in 1884 and came to the U.S. around 1902. I do not know of any other relations he left in Poland. If this sounds familiar, please write back.

Re: Golcowa, Poland

Ron (View posts)
Posted: 1 Sep 2003 5:05AM GMT
Surnames: Bober
I had a grand father that lived on a farm in Golocowa and came over on 1912. Does anyone have info on who to contact in that village for records?
Thanks
Ron

Posted: 7 Sep 2004 1:33PM GMT
George,
Hope you can help me out. My name is Allen Sabatino and I am from WIlkes-Barre PA. My grandmother's maiden name was Plesnar/Blessnar and her mother's name was Anna Duplaga. Anna came to the US with her husband Wladislaw Plesnar in 1902. Both listed Brzozow as their residence. When they came to the US they came to Parsons, PA where they settled. Listed above Anna's name was Jan Duplaga who was on his way to meet his father Stanislaw in a town called Edwardsvile, not too far from Wilkes-Barre, PA. I would have not pursued this any further but I came accross a postcard (written in Polish of course so I couldn't understand it) and addressed to my G Grandmother only the address was not in Parsons, PA it was Cleveland Ohio. And for the life of me I couldn't understand why. I recently found some Duplaga's who came from Brzozow and settled in Cleveland. You wouldn't by any chance be related to any of them would you? Also can you tell me what you know about Brzozow. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Posted: 18 Apr 2009 3:01PM GMT
Surnames: Tyczka, Bargiel, Bargel, Joewinski, Kruczek
My grandfather came from Brzorzow ???? Can't think of correct spelling at the moment His name was Stanislaw Bargiel he married veronika Kruczek. They went back and forth between Cleveland Ohio and Elizabeth New Jersey. Alot of relatives in Cleveland, Dayton Ohio and In Elizabeth New Jersey

Posted: 20 Nov 2009 8:40AM GMT
Surnames: Duplaga, Szuba, Czuchra
To George & Cowz186,

I have lots of Duplaga relatives in Cleveland. My grandfather & 3 of his siblings came from Brzozow, Poland in the early 1900's. Their parents were Josephus Duplaga & Marianna Szuba Duplaga. Above Josephus was Thomas Duplaga, & Francisca Czuchra. I'm not familiar with Golcowa?
If anyone reading this makes any connections-please contact me.
M. Whary

Posted: 6 Apr 2010 7:16PM GMT
to M. Whary,

My grandmother on my mother's side was Katarzyna Duplaga and her husband Stanislaw Data. They came from Stara Wies, Brzozow, Rzeszow. My grandfather came to the US in 1927 and my grandmother and my aunt in 1929. They lived in Linden, NJ. I am very interested in find out more about them. My grandmother had a brother named Joseph, but not from Cleveland. Please email me if you would like to discuss: basimara@aol.com

Posted: 5 Jul 2011 3:30PM GMT
My grandfather also came from Golcowa, name Michal Tomon He arrived in the US about 1901, settled in Cleveland, Ohio, where he married Zofia Zarnowska in 1904. Parents were Franciszek Tomon and Apologia Bogaczewicz. I would very much like to learn more about them and their family. What resources are available for tracing ancestry in that part of Poland today?
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions