Search for content in message boards

CREEK INDIAN FAMILIES

CREEK INDIAN FAMILIES

Steve Travis (View posts)
Posted: 23 May 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: WEATHERFORD, MONIAC, COLBERT, TAYLOR, SIZEMORE, BAILEY, HOLLINGER, COON, ROLLIN, ROLIN, ROLAND, WILLIAMS
Willing to exchange info on these Monroe County,
Alabama Families of Creek/Chickasaw Ancestry.I
have "much info" on these families. Richard
Bailey and wife Mary. Arthur Sizemore and wife
"Polly" Mary Bailey. William "Butler" Colbert
and wife Celia Sizemore. Mary Matilda Colbert
husband George Washington Taylor. Rhoda Taylor
and husband John Rolin/Coon. John Richard Roland
and wife Ella Williams. William Dixon Moniac and
wife Polly Colbert. Sam Moniac and wife Betsey
Weatherford. Dixon Moniac and wife Betsey Ehlert.
Polly Moniac and husband Jack Coon/Jack Richard
Rollin/Rolin.William Randon Holinger and wife
Hettie Colbert.

Adam Hollinger's Kaskaskia Illini wife, Mme. Marie Josephine Juzan Hollinger

J.A.L.Miller, Jr. (View posts)
Posted: 4 Jun 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Hollinger, Juzan
I desc. Adam Hollinher by his quarter-breed Kaskaskia Illini Indian wife Mme. Marie Josephine Juzan Hollinger. Jim, Charlotte, N.C.
Posted: 8 Jun 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 25 May 2004 12:57PM GMT
Surnames: Coon, Peavy
I have a Peter Coon m. Sarah Ann Rusty
and a list of families which includes a Wolf Coon, Sarah Ann, Rabbit and Mary. These are from a book, Cherokee Indian Rolls p.170 (no further citation). My Peavy ancestors John, Joshua and James married Amanda, Caroline and Sarah Ann, sisters and daughters of Peter Coon. They lived in Covington Co., AL and may have moved to Monroe Co. before moving to LA. Please contact me if you have anything to share. I know very little of the history of Native Americans in AL.

G.W. Taylor

Posted: 23 Oct 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 22 Oct 2001 12:56AM GMT
I am interested in any info on George W. Taylor and his wife Matilda Colbert. I am descended from Franklin Taylor who lived near G.W. in Monroe Co. according to the 1850 and 1860 censuses. Were Franklin and G.W. brothers (along with Edmund/Edward)? Who was their father? Willing to share what I have.

CREEK INDIAN FAMILIES

Faye Padgett Ramer (View posts)
Posted: 6 Apr 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: PADGETT, SIZEMORE
I am descended from Elijah Padgett, who was born about 1791 in South Carolina, and I am wondering if he is the Elijah who was the son of Cynthia Sizemore Padgett. Do you have any information about Cynthia's husband (Elijah's father)?

Richard BAILEY

Posted: 22 Jun 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 13 May 2002 9:21PM GMT
My ggreat grandfather was Burrell James BAILEY. I wonder if he is somehow kin to this Richard BAILEY. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Rolin, Rollin

Posted: 3 Aug 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 13 Jul 2001 3:39AM GMT
Surnames: WILLIAMS, ROLIN, ROLLIN
I posted a message before but i now havemore information. I am looking for Abner ROLLIN who was born 1782 in drewery, monroe co, alabama. He was married to Elizebeth COLLEY who was also born in Monroe co. Thanks!

G.W.Taylor

Joyce Smith (View posts)
Posted: 9 Aug 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Taylor
I am researching Taylors - my Great grandfather James
Taylor was a brother to G.W. and Franklin. Please contact me.

Weatherford,Moniac, Colbert, lines

Posted: 30 Oct 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 30 Sep 2001 10:16PM GMT
Dear Steve Travis,
All the surnames you mention in your querry May 1999 are in my line, mine also includes the Boones, through John Javris Boone. I would like so much to have your help if at all possible. I know they
all come from around Monroe County, my line also includes the Hayles/Hales.
Do you have information that could help me?
Do you know if William Dixon is the father of Elsie & Jesse Moniac? If so who is the wife and Mother?
Also do you have any information on Sehoy 1, her father and mother, any brothers and sisters?
My Mother researched these lines for forty years and after her death in 1997 I found boxes of notebooks where she must have spent hours at libraries and court houses. Some things just do not add up though.So if you can shed some light on some of thest lines for me, please do so.

Thank you,
Joan C. Smith
Posted: 10 Jan 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 14 Jul 2003 12:14PM GMT
Surnames: George Washington Taylor
I'm interested in information also on G.W.Taylor and his wife Mary Matilda Colbert Taylor. My husband is a descended of them.Who was his father?? have him listed on 1850 census.was he in the Civil War?? Was he killed and buried in Nashille Cemetery?? I would love to share any info. i have.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic