Search for content in message boards

YOUNG, John H.

YOUNG, John H.

Richard Young (View posts)
Posted: 30 May 1998 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
John H. Young Sr.
Seeking information on ancestors and descendants of John H. Young Sr. b. 7/8/1785, North Carolina
d. 10/28/1852.
Married: Francis Hendricks
Children:
Benjamin B., September 7, 1814, Simpson County Kentucky, D. August 15, 1898, Limestone County, TX
Rebecca
Tobitha
Harrison
John
Will
Ephrim M. b.March 21, 1832

Posted: 20 Aug 1998 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 26 Jul 2001 1:25PM GMT
I have a John Harrison YOUNG, born 28 oct 1838, died 15 Dec 1910 in Simpson Co., Ky., married in Simpson 18 Jan 1883 to Lucy Ann McFADIN, born 19 Dec 1851, died 4 Jan 1925 in Simpson Co. Is this the John, son of John H. and Frances HENDRICKS?
Posted: 24 Sep 1998 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 28 Jan 2002 3:37AM GMT
Surnames: YOUNG
In your search for Simpson Co KY descendants of John H. YOUNG who married Frances HENDRICKS, I am taking the liberty to refer you to Robert Young ("Bob") LINK who resides at 217 Liberty Street, Franklin KY 42134. Bob descends through Benjamin YOUNG (b 7 Sept 1814; d 16 Aug 1898 in TX) and wife, Rebecca H. Blewett.

There are published Warren Co KY marriages for John YOUNG to Mary DAVIS on 28 Nov 1811, and for John YOUNG, Jr., over 21, & Elizabeth TURNER on 5 March 1812, Sec: John Young, Sr., her consent by father John TURNER.

In case you may also be interested in the HENDRICKS part of your query, in "Simpson County, Kentucky 1819-1825 Circuit Court Orders" which I compiled and published, p 186, is a civil action styled William Wright vs John Fraley et al. This order, dated 7-19-1825, recorded in Circuit Court Order Book A1, p 415, refers only to the action being dismissed. However, the other defendants are: James Bell, Wm Clack, Francis Bell, Jno Clack Senr, John Clack Junr, Polly Hendricks, widow & heir of Jas. Hendricks, decd., Wm R. Hendricks, John Hendricks, Jacob Hendicks, James Hendrick, Peter Hendricks, Joseph Hendricks, Catharine Stagner, late Catharine Hendrick & Geo Hendricks, Josseph Hendricks, Catharine Stagner, late Catharine Hendrick & Geo Stagner, her husband, John Stagner & Ann, his wife, Wm Stagner & Mary, his wife late Mary Stagner [memo: should be "late Mary Hendricks"] & JNO. H. YOUNG & FRANCES YOUNG his wife late FRANCES HENDRICKS, heirs of JAS. HENDRICKS decd.

Re: YOUNG, BELL, CLACK

Posted: 18 Jul 2001 9:25PM GMT
Edited: 29 Aug 2002 8:54PM GMT
In your message you mention a court order in which the names Francis Bell, James Bell, And several Clacks appear. I am very interested in the James Bell and Francis Bell if you have any more information.

Re: YOUNG, John H.

robert young link (View posts)
Posted: 16 Jan 2004 5:13AM GMT
i am a descendant of your john young, sr, through his son, benjamin, through his son john h (harrison?), through his son Phineas Douglass, through his daughter, Mary Douglass, who was my mother. not sure what you are looking for. I live in simpson county ky, adjoing warren co. the youngs lived in simpson and warren. iincidentally, the Francis Hendricks whom you refer to was the daughter of James Hendricks whose estate was administered here in simpson co.

Posted: 26 Feb 2004 5:49PM GMT
Edited: 19 Oct 2005 10:59PM GMT
Robert, have you found a connection for YOUNG& WILKERSON family? Or YOUNG & BRYANT? In 1840,a James C. Wilkerson of Simpson Co. Ky. gave power of atty.to Presley Bryant of Pettis Co., Mo.to sell land ,owned by Wilkerson. I believe Presley Bryant's wife's maiden name was YOUNG. possibly from Hawkins Co. Tenn.Might be related,but to which family? If you can help ,thank you.Patsy

Re: YOUNG, John H., Benjamin, etc.

Posted: 8 Jul 2004 12:21AM GMT
Edited: 15 Aug 2004 1:15AM GMT
Surnames: YOUNG-COOK-WILLINGHAM
I believe your Benjamin Young (b. 1814) married my ggg-grandmother (Elizabeth Willingham Cook) after their spouses died (married in 1890 in Anderson County, TX---I have their original marriage license!).

Elder Young (preacher) died in 1898 in Limestone County and is buried at Nus Cemetery (listing on the internet). Elizabeth Cook Young then moved with her daughter, Susan Frances Cook Doan & family to West Texas (Scurry County), where she died in 1903. She is buried at Pyron Cemetery, Scurry County, TX.

I have a picture of Benjamin & Elizabeth Cook Young made sometime during the span of their 8-year marriage.

I'm very interested in Benjamin's brothers and sisters---did he happen to have a sister (or cousin) named Hetta (or Hettie) Mirandy (or Marandy)?

I'm really working on Cook Family geneology, but Elder Benjamin Young performed the marriage ceremonies of many of my Cook relatives, and actually marrying my ggg-grandmother connected him into our family even more.

Any information is appreciated! Thanks so much!

Posted: 8 Jul 2004 3:18AM GMT
Edited: 16 Aug 2005 3:02AM GMT
Surnames: Hendricks
Interesting you list WIlkerson. My Wm Hendricks b. 23 Jun 1827 in KY m. Rachel Douglass in Jackson CO MO. His first son is George Wilkerson....wonder if there is some connection. I have no idea who Williams parents are, but suspect them from Simpson Co.

Richard Young (View posts)
Posted: 8 Jul 2004 4:07AM GMT
Robert, thanks for your post regarding our mutual ancestor, John H. Young Sr. I am a descendent through Benjamin Young His son, Meridy Stanley Young, my GGF ,Thomas Hill Blewett Young, my gf. I believe you have communicated with my nephew for I have you listed in his files. Do you have any information about John Sr? And especially anything on Meridy? He died a very young 3/27/1871 from injuries suffered in the war. Thanks for any help.

Anonymous (View posts)
Posted: 13 May 2009 4:07PM GMT
Surnames: YOUNG, BLEWETT, HARRIS, MORRIS
I know this is an OLD message Richard, but I am working on the John H. Young Sr & Frances Hendricks ancestors & descendants issues.

It seems that the parents of Benjamin Young, husband of Rebecca Blewett, are claimed by many researchers to be John H. Young, JR and Elizabeth Turner.

In spite of the fact that Benjamin's grandson, Phineas Douglass Young CLEARLY states on pg 496 of the Simpson County Kentucky Families Past and Present that John H. Young SR and Frances Hendricks, dau of James Hendricks are the parents of Benjamin Young b: Sept 7, 1814...

Another article in Perrin's History pg 254 mentions John H. Young moving to Audrain Co, MO and so they automatically assume it's John H. Young JR & Elizabeth Turner.

I am working to differentiate the two John H. Young's and the two Benjamin Young's... son of John SR & Frances and son of John JR & Elizabeth.

The children listed in your descendant of John Young here are shown to be the names of John H. Young JR & Elizabeth Turner's children out of an Audrain Co, MO History book.

I am working to try to get copies of documents to substantiate what is in the 3 different articles and try to get the REAL story.

There is a John H. Young who supposedly came to KY ca 1810 and was married to a Rachel Davis in SC. They had 2 children, I believe sons, prior to 1805...

Anyway... any one with records or information on any of these folks... I'd LOVE to speak with you and get copies of your info.

Diana Holland Calderon
equusmaximus@hotmail.com
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions