Search for content in message boards

Reid Family

Reid Family

Posted: 20 Jan 2007 4:31AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Reid
I am looking for information on the Reid family. Since the early 50's some of them have lived in the Pie Town area. My great grandfather Charlie Frank Reid is buried in the Pie Town Cemetary along with an uncle.
One of my uncles, Henry Ross Reid, was a sheriff's deputy for a short while about 1953, we think it may have been Chavez Co. He also married and divorced, but no one knows her name.
Any information would be great.
Thank You
Anna Weathers

Re: Reid Family

Posted: 28 Jan 2007 11:58PM GMT
Anna, I just saw your post about Reids buried in Pie Town. I have just finished a book on the cemeteries in northern Catron County called: "From Dust to Dust". It has about 14 cemeteries in it. I did not find any Reid's buried in Pie Town. At least, not with a head stone. There are Reids buried in Quemado, Lonnie Elbert and wife Jewel C. Reid.
They had about seven children, who are mostly still around Quemado. Then around Mangus (in that area) there are Edgar Elvin, Leslie Reid,buried up on the ranch there.
My books are $20.00 plus $2.50 postage.
If I can help you, let me know. Kathryn R.

Posted: 28 Jan 2007 11:59PM GMT
Anna, I forgot to mention there are several Weathers, Hudsons, Steeles buried in the Pie Town Cemetery. Kathryn

Posted: 29 Jan 2007 1:34AM GMT
Ms. Roberts

Thank you for the information. I wasn't 100% sure that they were buried in the Pie Town Cemetery. Thanks for the research. The people you listed all matched. Do you know what ranch Edgar and Leslie are buried on? Do you by chance know any of the Reids that are still living? I used to be in contact with my cousin, Lila Reid, but have lost touch with her. And one final question, did you write From The Top Of The Mountain Pie Town New Mexico & Neighbors? My father has a copy and I have searched it really well, but no mention of Reids, only the Thomas' which are another relation. In fact, when my father bought the book we met the writer and got the last copy. However that has been 10+ years ago. We were in Pie Town area for a Thomas family reunion.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions