Search for content in message boards

Fairleanah Eleanor HARRISON

Fairleanah Eleanor HARRISON

Posted: 4 Mar 2001 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 15 Jan 2002 11:32PM GMT
Surnames: HARRISON, WHEELER
Need factual information on Fairleanah Eleanor HARRISON b.abt 1778 Charles City VA and aledged to be daughter of Benjamin Harrison and Elizabeth Bassett. Was married to James Moses WHEELER b. 1749. Any information beyond speculation would be a kindness.

Re: Fairleanah Eleanor HARRISON

Posted: 25 Jan 2010 10:51PM GMT
Surnames: Harrison Wheeler
Did anyone answer this privately? I am also interested in substantial documentation whether this is Benjamin V's daughter known sometimes as "Anna," and can anyone provide documentation that Fairleanah's middle name was Eleanor? What I have seen so far is intriguing, but since the lady is said to have died in Lawrence County, KY, in 1851, I should be able to find her there on an 1850 US Census, given that her possible husband lived in Blaine, Lawrence, in 1830 and 1840. I cannot find her in 1850, though. I looked at every Lawrence Co. Wheeler from the 1850 count, and none of them were near the right age. If there exists a Census listing for her in 1850, I hope someone will share any tips for finding it: bad spelling? different locale? wrong age? It's not that I doubt the possibility, for some extraordinary people have found their way to homes along the Big Sandy Valley. If a sister of W.H. Harrison was one of them, please tell us where to find the confirming documents. Conversely, if someone knows for a fact that she is not Mrs. Wheeler of Lawrence County, please share the basis for that detail.

Posted: 26 Jan 2010 4:23PM GMT
Yours is the first response to my post private or otherwise.
Sorry. I still use hoglouse@juno.com so disregard masterschoice1.

Posted: 29 Jan 2010 2:52PM GMT
While it is difficult, if not impossible, to prove a negative, the existing records do not support Fairleanah Eleanor Harrison (Wheeler) as a daughter of Benjamin Harrison V (of Berkeley) and Elizabeth Bassett Harrison. Seven children of this union survived into adulthood and are mentioned in the Will of The Signer:

1. Benjamin Harrison VI
2. Carter Bassett Harrison
3. William Henry Harrison
4. Elizabeth Harrison Rickman (later married Edmonson)
5. Lucy Harrison Randolph
6. Sarah Harrison Minge
7. Ann Harrison Coupland

I do not believe Ann Harrison mentioned at 7 above could be the Fairleanah Eleanor Harrison Wheeler aka Anna mentioned by the second poster. Ann Harrison Coupland died a Coupland and her will (WB 2, page 503) indicates her residence as Charles City Co.

It may be worthwhile to research Benjamin Harrison of Prince George County, Virginia (Benjamin of Brandon). Benjamin of Berkeley and Benjamin of Brandon were cousins of some distance (both decedents of Benjamin of Wakefield) and contemporaries. Benjamin of Brandon’s second and third wife were both named Elizabeth. Benjamin of Brandon had at least 6 children, two sons: William and George and four daughters whose names are not readily available to me. Perhaps this Benjamin/Elizabeth Harrison could be the connection you seek.

In this context “Berkeley” and “Brandon” refer to land holdings along the James River and not to Berkeley County, West Virginia.

Lynda

Re: Fairleanah Eleanor HARRISON wheeler

Posted: 3 Jul 2012 3:43AM GMT
Classification: Biography
Surnames: wheeler, harrison
I have pretty much been able to confirm my ancestry except for James Moses Wheeler and his wife Fairleanah Eleanor Harrison Wheeler. I was always told she was the sister to Pres. W.H. Harrison. Her husband is definitely in my family. He was born in 1749 in Wheelers Ford, VA. He married Fairleanah in 1792 in Washington Co. VA. They moved to Paintsville KY. about 1800. They moved to the mouth of Hoods Fork of Big Blaine Creek which is now in Lawrence Co. KY. James Moses had a second marriage to Catherine Daniels Chandler and they had a son Chambers Wheeler. James Moses once served as a Justice of the Peace in KY I think and was in the Washington Co. VA militia 70th regiment while he lived in VA. He is buried at Sparks Cemetery in Lawrence Co. KY. He had my gr gr gr grandfather, James Harrison Wheeler in 1799 in Wise Co, VA. who shows up in the 1850 and 1870 census in Lawrence Co. KY. After J H Harrison came John R. Wheeler and then my grandfather Henry Harrison Wheeler. I know this is a lot of info, but if you can make all these connections to the woman who married James Moses, then the info might be helpful. I'm sending my cousin to Frankfort KY to try to find more info on Fairleanah.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic