Search for content in message boards

Lebrun

Lebrun

irene (View posts)
Posted: 13 Sep 2001 5:37PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: le brun, desmarete
searching for the ancestors of vincent lebrun born 1614 la chaussee france believe his father was louis le brun and mother was isabelle desmaret. also believe vincent had a twin brother maurice. can anyone help me? would like as much info from france as possible..
je recherche des reseignment des ancetre de vincent le brun ne vers 1614 a la chaussee poitou france je pense qu'il fut jumeau avec maurice lebrun parent louis lebrun et isabelle desmaret. si possible j'aimerait avoir tant de information que possible merci .....

Re: Lebrun

Lina L. LeBrun (View posts)
Posted: 31 Dec 2001 7:34AM GMT
Hi,
I am a direct descendant of Vincent Brun. Have you learned more of the lineage back in France? I would be most happy to hear from you.
Lina L. LeBrun :)
Posted: 20 Mar 2002 7:25AM GMT
Edited: 6 Jun 2002 7:26PM GMT
I am interested in any info on Lebrun ancesters. My great-great-great grandmother was Aimee Adelaide Lebrun she was a trained midwife. She emigrated to New Orleans with her husband, Francois Etienne Fremaux, in 1830.She died in 1842 and her husband in 1841. Son, Napoleon Joseph Fremaux was born in Paris,France in 1842, he died in 1898 in New Orleans.
Thank you for anything you can give me.
Mary Beaulieu
Posted: 6 Jun 2002 6:45PM GMT
Edited: 3 Aug 2002 5:52AM GMT
I have a picture of Aimée Adelaïde LeBrun and photocopies of her Louisiana license to practice mid-wifery and her death record from St.Louis Cathedral in New Orleans. I also have a copy of the inventory of their property made after she and her husband had died.
Posted: 6 Jun 2002 7:40PM GMT
This is so great, can't wait to get any info you can pass along.
My father left the south when he was 17 never to return, we were all born and raised in Oregon.

Charles (View posts)
Posted: 9 Oct 2003 9:42PM GMT
My great great great grandfather was Etienne Fremaux of whom you speak. I believe my mother has a picture of him and one of his wife Adeliade.

Posted: 4 May 2004 2:14AM GMT
Surnames: LeBrun
Aimee Adelaide LeBrun is my husband's great-great-great grandmother. Do you have any info on who her parents were? Our family records show that she was born in Caen, France.
There is some good information about her and her husband's family in this book:
Celine: Remembering Louisiana, 1850-1871
by Celine Fremaux Garcia, Patrick J. Geary (Editor)
Publisher: University of Georgia Press; Reprint edition (August 1991)
ASIN: 082031384X
Thanks!

Natrhalie G. Nelson (View posts)
Posted: 4 May 2004 4:30PM GMT
Aimée Adelaìde Le Brun was the daughter of Antoine Le Brun and Marie Magdeleine Lamule. Madame Lamule had remarried after the death of her husband, Antoint LeBrun, to Jean Baptiste Bertin Geffine. All of this information comes from the certified copy of the St.Louis Cathedral of New Orleans Funeral Records Book 1841-1843 #548.

I know about the book "Celine." I visited with Céline Fremaux Garcia when I was a child. Her sister, Francine Fremaux Grandjean was my grandmother.

According to her death certificate and her mid-wife license Issued by the state of Louisiana, she was born in Bayone, Calvados, France
Posted: 23 Jul 2009 1:01AM GMT
Bonjour,

Mon nom est Michel LeBrun, je suis un descendant de Vincent LeBrun. Vous êtes qui?

Michel

Posted: 20 Mar 2010 12:53AM GMT
Surnames: Fremaux & LeBrun
My name is Richard Leon Fremaux, MD. My Great great great Grandmother was Aimee Adelaide LeBrun, married to Francois Etienne Fremaux.
I was told that she was born in Caen, Calvados, bas-Normandie, France and was educated as a physician but was denied full medical licensure in Louisiana, as she would have been the first female physician here.
Our later family tree is somewhat confused because of similar names and of widowers marrying the similarly-named sisters of their late wives, having children by both sisters. Any better info would be appreciated.
I went to Caen & Bayeux in 1992, but was unable to gain any other information on our LeBrun family. The famille LeBrun is still large and quite active in Bayeux & Caen.
Napoleon Joseph Fremaux was better known as Leon Joseph. He served as an officer of the Confederacy and was an engineer & artist during and after the US civil War. He is known for designing the city of Slidell, LA, where a major road and Interstate 10 exit are named after him. There are very few people named LeBrun living in Louisiana now.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic