Search for content in message boards

Calling all Fondas and Fonda descendants! I have info to share, back to the first Fonda settler of Albany, NY, 1651, Jillis Douwese Fonda.

Calling all Fondas and Fonda descendants! I have info to share, back to the first Fonda settler of Albany, NY, 1651, Jillis Douwese Fonda.

Karen Vogel (View posts)
Posted: 28 Nov 2000 12:54AM GMT
I am a descendant of Jillis Douwese Fonda, the "first settler" ancestor of the Fonda family in Upstate, NY,who settled in Albany, NY, 1651. I have two family bloodlines from him, through Pieter Fonda, who married Rachel Winne, and Pieter's sister, Lena Fonda, who married Pieter Brouwer.
I welcome any and all responses, and will be glad to share the info I have.
Yours truly,
Karen Vogel

family history

joan m fonda (View posts)
Posted: 28 Nov 2000 2:09PM GMT
I WAS WONDERING HOW ARE YOU RELATED TO THE FONDA FAMILY,CAN SEND ME THE STUFF THAT YOU HAVE ON THE FONDA FAMILY,my address is 101 south pearl st albany ny 12207,what part of the country are you from,what is your address

Re: Joan

Karen Vogel (View posts)
Posted: 28 Nov 2000 8:13PM GMT
I am related to the Fonda family on my Father's Mother's "Vedder" side.(The Maternal lines of our Veder side). I descend directly from the first Fonda settler of Albany, NY, Jillis Douwese Fonda, who settled Albany,NY in 1651, (I can trace my whole lines directly back to him), and after him, I have double Fonda lines, from Pieter Fonda who married Rachel Winne, and sister Lena Fonda, who married Pieter Brouwer. I have way too much info to list it all here, so I will have to send you the rest by "snail-mail"!
thanks so much for your response, and giving me your mailing address!
Best wishes,
Karen Vogel
------------------------------------------
P.S.: I am from Grosse Pointe Woods, Michigan, by "Lake St. Clair", and my address is:
Mrs. Karen Vogel
1374 Anita Ave.
Grosse Pointe Woods, MI

fonda family history

Posted: 29 Nov 2000 3:26AM GMT
YOU WILL BE HEARING FROM ME AGAIN REAL SOON I LIKE BE ONE OF YOUR E-MAIL BUDDYS,PLEASE KEEP IN TOUCH,I WILL KEEP IN TOUCH WITH YOU,I DO HAVE ALOT OF STUFF ON THE FONDA FAMILY HISTORY,WHAT IS YOUR PHONE NUMBER,MY TELPHONE NUMBER IS (518)426-0495,I WILL SENT YOU WHAT I HAVE TO YOU REAL SOON,IT MAY NOT BE TILL AFTER CHRISTMAS,I HOPE YOU HAVE NICE CHRISTMAS DAY,ARE YOU MARRIED ,AND DO HAVE KIDS,WHAT ARE THIER NAMES,BORN,MONTH,WHAT IS FATHER ,GRANDFATHER,GREATGRANDFATHER,NAMES,WHER WERE BORN,MONTH,YEAR,DIED

YOUR E-mail address

Posted: 29 Nov 2000 3:28AM GMT
WHAT IS YOUR E-MAIL ADDRESS

FONDA FAMILY HISTROY

Posted: 29 Nov 2000 3:37AM GMT
PETER FONDA DIDNOT MARRIED RACHEL WINNE,HER HUSBAND NAME WAS JELLIS ADAM FONDA,HE WAS BORN On SEPT 8,1670,IN ALBANY NY THEN HE MOVED TO SCHENECTADY NY,HE WAS MARRIED IN ALBANY NY,HIS SON DOUW WAS THE WENT TO FONDA NY,HE DISCOVERED FONDA NY,THAT IS GOT IS NAME FROM HIM

family history

Posted: 29 Nov 2000 3:48AM GMT
DO YOU WHAT THE STUFF BACK WHEN I GET DONE WITH IT OR YOU SENT BACK TO YOU

My e-mail address

Karen Vogel (View posts)
Posted: 29 Nov 2000 3:36PM GMT
Hi Joan!
My e-maill address is: Lassemista@iopener.net

RE: Joan

Karen Vogel (View posts)
Posted: 29 Nov 2000 3:44PM GMT
Well, then the Rensaaler info is wrong, and so is the "First Dutch Settler's Society of Albany", and Pierson's info, etc., etc., etc.!Are YOU sure YOUR Fonda info is
correct? I tend to go by what the majority
of historians, in print, say, but sometimes they have been wrong. Where did you obtain your info? I would be interested to know.

family

Posted: 29 Nov 2000 7:10PM GMT
I AM VERY ABOUT MY INFORMATION I SENT YOU IS RIGHT,BECAUSE MY GREAT UNCLE YRACED THE FONDA FAMILY TREE
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions