Search for content in message boards

Mary Melton

Mary Melton

Judith Lee Butler (View posts)
Posted: 27 Feb 2000 12:18AM GMT
My grandmother maiden name Mary Melton died near Glasgow Ky. Her husband was named Gordon Lee, he also had some Melton blood from a ways back. They would have died around Berksville, Ky in the early to mid 1930's. They both were descended from the Cherokee tribe before the forced split. I know that one of my great-grandmothers name was Mary Pleasant and one of my great-grandfathers name was Lem Lee. They started along the March, but soon split off and hid for a while in TN. before heading North into Kentucky and settling in the mountains around the Cumberland river. I believe they were originally from the NC - GA. area. I am proud of my heritage and hope to be able to share with my children their unique and proud ancestry. I know that I must Have Meltons, Lees, Pleasants, etc. living in the KY,TN,NC,SC and GA. area. I would love to be able to travel and meet some of them. If it helps any,my father's name is Herbert Lee, Uncles are Roger, james, Tom, Allen, aunts are Velma and Anna Mae. They are all past seveenty now and tell me what they can remember about the kind, but poor relatives in salina,Tn, Glasgow, Berksville, Columbia KY, etc. I am aprticularly interested in meeting any relatives who may have stayed in touch with our Native American roots. Thank you for any help you can give me.

MELTONS OF KY

SANDRA (ASHER) TILLER (View posts)
Posted: 11 Mar 2000 1:51PM GMT
HI MY MELTONS COME FROM CLAY CO. KY. MY GRANDFATHERS' NAME WAS ALEXANDER MELTON b.1898 M. MAULDE BALL b.1891. DOES YOUR GRANDMOTHER KNOW (ELIC) ALEXANDER MELTON OF MANCHESTER, CLAY CO.,KY. HIS FATHER WAS GEORGE WASHINGTON MELTON. WHAT IS THIS CHEROKEE INDIAN CONNECTION , BECAUSE I ALWAYS HEARD WE HAD CHEROKEE INDIAND IN OUR BLOOD AND MAYBE THAT IS WHY I CAN'T GET MUCH INFORMATION O THE MELTONS.
Posted: 14 May 2000 6:50PM GMT
Edited: 22 Jun 2001 10:51PM GMT
I;m trying to find the same connection.I just found a melton tie. I'm not sure of the first name but a male melton married a female Aldridge in our family.they were from N.Ark/SMo.I'm doing more digging with help of aunt.She has the Dawes files.There are a lot of Meltons.If you find anything please E-mail me at morglex@cs.com thank you.
Posted: 14 May 2000 6:51PM GMT
Edited: 22 Jun 2001 10:51PM GMT
I;m trying to find the same connection.I just found a melton tie. I'm not sure of the first name but a male melton married a female Aldridge in our family.they were from N.Ark/SMo.I'm doing more digging with help of aunt.She has the Dawes files.There are a lot of Meltons.If you find anything please E-mail me at morglex@cs.com thank you.

MELTONS

SANDRA (ASHER) TILLER (View posts)
Posted: 18 May 2000 4:04PM GMT
THANKS FOR YOUR REPLY IF I FIND ANYTHING I'LL CONTACT YUO HOPE YOU WILL DO THE SAME. SANDY

Meltons of Ky.

Melton,Patty (View posts)
Posted: 25 Jul 2000 11:17AM GMT
I also have been told all my life that we are part Cherokee-and look very much the part-would really like to find out more-I am from Cumberland Co.

Ky, Meltons

Janie Rosentrater (View posts)
Posted: 31 Jul 2000 8:09PM GMT
My Meltons lived in Cumberland CO, Ky at one time. My gr-gfather was from there. His name was Ambrose Melton wife was Margaret. Other names were Aaron E, James Garfield, Grandville Marvin others. Any sound familiar

ky. Meltons

Patty (View posts)
Posted: 2 Aug 2000 8:57AM GMT
My Gr. Grandfather had a brother named Ambrose-his name was John A. He marries Mary A. Teel and their children were Willian A. which was my grandfather-Tom-Marvin-and Minnie Which marries Otha Scott-I know at one time some of them lived on Goose Creek-any sound familair? thanks for responding-please get back with me I am so excited about this!!

John A Melton

Ky Meltons (To Patty) (View posts)
Posted: 2 Aug 2000 3:09PM GMT
I have a John A Melton on my list. You can e-mail me onerose@gte.net or janie.rose@usa.net would love to hear from you let you know about our reunion. THANKS

Ambrose Melton Margaret

Posted: 29 Mar 2001 5:14AM GMT
Edited: 5 Jul 2001 5:27PM GMT
Hi, I just happened to see this message board and hopefully you can help me. My GG grandfather was Ambrose Melton & His wife was Margaret. One of their children was Minnie Melton who married John Rolland Wolfe. I have pictures of Ambrose and Margaret as well as the death certificates for Robert and Minnie. They all lived in Kentucky around Clinton Co, Albany etc. Are these the Meltons you are referring to? I'm trying to find out more information about Ambrose's civil war records, Father, etc. Can you help? :-)
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions